Homemade All In One Hair Oil For Healthy Hair | Hair Oil for hair loss is a very effective hair oil formula or say recipe. Regular use of this oil will make your hair healthy, promote hair growth and prevent hair fall as well as premature greying of the hair.
Important: Do not forget to read “How To Use All in One Hair Oil” given below. Along with the hair oil, I am also sharing the hot towel method which is really very effective and do try it at least for a month to see its amazing results.
Related Recipes You May Like:
Homemade All In One Hair Oil For Healthy Hair
Everybody, irrespective of the gender, aspires to have an attractive mane. Thick-lusty-shiny hair automatically grabs attention and just one word, wow, says all. Hair may be thick or thin, curly or straight, jet black or light brown or golden…the texture of hair may vary depending upon environment, genes, climatic conditions and many other factors that are uncontrollable but having healthy hair is very much in our control. And healthy hair means no hair fall.
Little hair fall is inevitable but if it is too much then definitely needs attention. And this is one problem which is faced by many of us. Hair looks good only on the head. The hair on pillow or towel or in food etc arouses tension which further aggravates hair fall. This All in One hair oil formula stops hair fall to a great extent.
When it comes to hair, oiling plays a very crucial role. Though today’s young generation doesn’t believe in it much but as age progresses beliefs change and so does their perception about oiling hair. Can you believe, both my fathers (father as well father in law), nearing 80, have black hair even at this age! The reason? Both of them religiously applied oil in their hair immediately after having a bath.
Benefits Of Head Massage
Head massage is so very relaxing as well beneficial. It elevates your mood, helps you get rid of your headache, if it is there, and improves circulation to the hair follicles. When you massage then blood flows to the hair cells which means the growth of healthier hair out of your scalp. If interested in knowing more about the benefits of scalp massage then read here.
Any oil can be used for head massage, be it coconut oil or almond or any other. And if certain herbs are added to it then it acts like medicine and takes care of various hair problems. I have used here coconut oil as the base oil.
While writing this post, how much I am missing my granny! Every Sunday, despite my resistance, very lovingly she would gently massage oil in my hair. Those were the lovely days! After I got married, I practically stopped this process. And years later, when realized that my hair really needed some treatment, started again.
My experience With This Hair Oil
I have been using this All in One hair oil for the past 3 to 4 years now. It has not only stopped my hair fall but its regular use has also made them more lustrous and healthy. Once on a visit to a dermatologist, I was relieved when I was told by him that the roots of my hair were strong.
The oil has all the miraculous ingredients. I will share one incidence which I think will justify this post. For the past 5 to 6 years, I have been getting my hair cut from one hairdresser only. He knows very well, that I have light hair. A few years back, he asked me if I was getting any hair treatment as he found my hair much better. Well, except that oil, followed by hot towel treatment, no other fancy treatment was there. That comment by him made my day and my belief in my All In One Hair Oil strengthened.
Cutting long stories short, let us talk about this miraculous hair oil.
How To Make Homemade Hair Oil to Stop Hair Fall
My homemade hair oil is a mix of 2 oils and some herbs. In this oil, the base is coconut oil and to supplement it is castor oil. And there are a lot of herbs like Amla, fenugreek seeds and nigella seeds. This oil acts as a tonic for your hair.
Though we all know about these wonder herbs but still let’s do a quick revision.
1. Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Hair
- Stimulates hair growth getting deep into its follicles.
- Protects scalp from infections, dandruff etc.
- Moisturizes dry hair.
- Adds luster, shine and softness to the hair.
- Prevents hair breakage and split ends, contributing to hair length.
- Slows down hair loss. Read more here.
2. Benefits Of Castor Oil For Hair
Thick n luscious castor oil is known for stimulating hair growth.
- Rich in ricinoleic acid which actually helps increase circulation to the scalp and improve hair growth. This also balances scalp ph which then replenishes scalp’s natural oils.
- Stimulates hair growth from dormant follicles also.
- Antibacterial and antifungal thus protect against dandruff, infections etc.
- Rich in antioxidants which support the keratin in hair and help make hair stronger.
- Tip: Apply it on eyelashes and brows to thicken them. Read more here
3. Benefits Of Fenugreek Seeds (Methi dana) For Hair
Fenugreek seeds is one of the best remedies to prevent hair fall.
- Rich in folic acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin K and Vitamin C, and are storehouse potassium, calcium and iron.
- It has high protein and nicotinic content which actually works against hair fall.
- Treats scalp issues like baldness and hair thinning.
- It has lecithin which strengthens hair follicles.
- Bring back the bounce in the hair by moisturizing them. Read more here
4. Amla For Hair
- Vitamin C in amla produces a protein called collagen. This protein replaces dead cells of hair follicles with new hair cells and thus stimulates hair growth.
- Natural hair conditioner as just 1 amla has 81.2% moisture content.
- Treats dandruff.
- Reduces greying of hair. Read more here.
5. Nigella Seeds (Kalonji) For Hair
- Fights hair loss.
- Controls dandruff.
- Prevents premature graying of hair.
- Strengthens hair from the inside.
- Conditions hair. Read more from here.
6. Curry Leaves For Hair
- Opens up clogged hair follicles thereby speeding up hair growth.
- These leaves have antioxidants that strengthen hair follicles and moisturizes scalp.
- Beta carotene, Vitamin B6 in these leaves prevent thinning of hair.
- Keeps the hair black by producing melanin which reduces the greying process. Read more about it here.
Now, imagine if all these get together in one bottle then how nourishing it would be. Experts say that a combination of amla, fenugreek seeds, and curry leaves induces hair growth at a much faster rate.
This oil is excellent to stop hair fall and to prevent greying of hair. In addition, it promotes hair growth too.
So, let’s see how to make this All in One Hair Oil…
Step By Step Pictures To Make Homemade Hair Oil For Hair Loss
- In a wide wok, preferably a cast-iron one, take coconut oil, dried amla, methi dana, curry leaves and kalonji.
- Heat it for 5 to 7 minutes on medium flame.
- After some time, dried amla pieces will swell, methi dana and curry leaves too will get dark in colour.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- If possible leave it like this for a day or two.
- Now, strain it. Though, I do not strain it and prefer as it is. If straining, leave the strainer like this for an hour or so, as oil continues to drip in tiny droplets for a long time.
- Mix castor oil in it and store it in an airtight bottle.
- Shake well before using it.
How To Use All in One Hair Oil
- Shake the bottle before use.
- Better, if heat it little. Though in winters, it is a must to heat it.
- Apply this oil on the scalp and thereafter to the length of hair.
- Use your fingertips to massage it gently for about 10 to 15 minutes. Massaging with fingers ensures that oil reaches the scalp properly and also avoid unnecessary breaking of the hair. When massaged with palm then hair gets strangled and thus break more.
- Leave it in the hair for an hour or so minimum, if possible for more time, preferably overnight.
- Before shampooing your hair, give hot towel treatment. This opens up the hair follicles and allows oil to penetrate deep into the roots of the hair. And needless to say, healthy roots means healthy hair.
Hot Towel Treatment
- For this, dip your towel in very hot water and wring it as best as you can. Now, cover your head with a shower cap and then wrap around this hot towel.
- As the towel turns cold remove it but let the cap remain atleast for 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Finally, shampoo your hair and enjoy the soft n silky hair.
- Apply it twice a week for good results.
- Most importantly, be regular. Regularity is the key to have results.
Some hair shed is normal when the oil is applied. And when you apply oil for the first time you might see a lot of hair coming out. All these are dead or weak hair. Don’t worry. With regular massage, a lot of new hair will grow and this shed will be reduced to a minimum.
Who Can Use This All In One Hair Oil
- Anyone and everyone, irrespective of gender and age can use this oil.
I hope you have liked this method of making hair oil for hair loss and will surely try it out. I will be happy if you share your feedback on Instagram and tag me #samirasrecipediary there.
Thank you for reading this post. If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest Quora too. for latest recipe updates. Thank you!
Method Of Making Homemade All In One Hair Oil
All In One Hair Oil
This oil tackles almost all the problems of hair be it hair fall or dryness or premature greying.
- 200 g Coconut Oil
- 50 g Castor Oil
- 2 Tbsp Dried Amla Pieces
- 2 Tbsp Curry Leaves Dried
- 1 Tbsp Methi Dana
- 1 tsp Kalonji
In a wide wok, preferably an iron one, take coconut oil, dried amla, methi dana, and kalonji.
Heat it for 5 to 7 minutes on medium flame.
After some time, dried amla pieces will swell, methi dana and curry leaves too will get black in colour.
Switch off the flame and let it cool down.
If possible leave it like this for a day or two.
Now, strain it. Though, I do not strain it and prefer as it is.
Mix castor oil in it and store in an airtight bottle.
Shake well before using it.
- You can use fresh amla also. In that case, use 4 tbsp chopped amla pieces. wash and pat dey before dropping these in the oil.
- Similarly, fresh curry leaves can be used. But make sure there is no water, otherwise it will splash in hot oil.
- Cast iron wok is best for making this oil.
- This is the standard method. You can adjust the quantities of all the ingredients as per your need and preference.
- Store this oil in a wide mouthed bottle, this is because in winters, when the coconut oil gets hard, then it is easier to take it out.
- Its better to heat it a little before applying in the hair.
- After the oil massage, give hot towel treatment to your hair for more effective results. The method of hot towel treatment is given in the main post.
In the last. I would only say that thick or not, curly or straight, what is important is that hair should be healthy. Regularly massage your hair. Along with the oil, take proper diet, say goodbye to stress and chill.
I hope you have found this post useful and will surely give it a try.
Stay Fit… Stay Healthy… But most importantly, Stay Happy…