- 1 How To Roast Cashews in Microwave
- 2 How To Roast Cashews in Microwave with Step by Step Photos
- 3 Oil Free Roasted Cashews
- 4 FAQs Related to Roasted Cashewnuts Recipe
- 5 Let us Connect!
- 6 Testimonials
Roasted cashew nuts are a rich, healthy and a delicious snack in itself. And these roasted cashews get ready in less than 5 minutes that too without using excess salt or oil. Make them plain salted or Masala or in any other flavour.
These cashews are roasted in water. Roasted In water? Yes, let’s see how this magic is done…
The biggest risk of eating these kidney-shaped, white-colored roasted cashew nuts is that you find it difficult to stop eating them and before you can count whoosh!!! A whole bowl would have vanished. Apart from eating them in various ways, one also needs to learn to manage quantity.
However, Cashewnuts when roasted tastes awesome and are wonderful for munching or for serving to guests.
How To Roast Cashews in Microwave
Roasted Kaju can be made in OTG or in a pan with salt in it, but both these methods are time-consuming.
Here I am sharing with you the roasted cashews recipe and we will do this without any excess salt and in just 4 minutes.
Also, as they get ready instantly, many times I roast these for my sudden guests also. By the time I prepare coffee and arrange cookies etc, a warm, healthy, and rich snack gets ready.
When I serve freshly roasted and salted cashews to my guests, they just love it and find it difficult to believe that these are roasted in the microwave.
About 250 g cashews get roasted in just 3 to 4 minutes. After this just wait for 5 minutes, till they get slightly cool, as then only they get crisp.
Tips To Make Roasted Cashews In Microwave
- Do not run the microwave for 4 minutes continuously otherwise, cashews will burn.
- Always run it for a short time, say 1 minute or 30 seconds, take it out to toss, and then again start it.
- Do not use plastic bowls in the microwave.
Benefits Of Roasting Cashewnuts In Microwave
- Ready in 4 minutes.
- Neither oil nor excessive salt is used.
- Instant warm snack.
My other related Roasted Recipes which you may like:
- Roasted Makhana Chaat in Air Fryer
- Healthy Roasted Soyabean
- Honey Roasted Almonds
- Instant & Quick-Roasted Masala Peanut
How To Roast Cashews in Microwave with Step by Step Photos
- Take cashews in a shallow microwave-safe dish.
- Sprinkle water and then salt so that salt sticks to cashews. You can sprinkle Chaat Masala too at this stage.
- Toss and put in microwave ‘High’ for 1 minute.
- Repeat this process of ‘Toss’ and ‘Run for 1 minute’ 3 to 4 times till you get golden brown cashews.
- Let them cool down for about 5 minutes so that they get crisp.
- Serve with love, tea optional.
Oil Free Roasted Cashews
An easy and guilt-free snack that gets ready in just few minutes
- 250 g Cashewnuts
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chat Masala
Put cashew nuts in a microwave-safe dish, preferably a shallow dish.
Sprinkle water on these cashew nuts.
Put in microwave 'High' for 1 minute.
Toss and again put in microwave for 1 more minute.
Repeat this process of tossing and running in the microwave for 2 more minutes and your golden roasted cashews are ready.
These are very soft at this stage. Let them cool down for about 5 minutes and crispy roasted cashews are ready to be served.
Along with water and salt, sprinkle Chaat masala also.
Toss so that masala stiks on the cashews.
Roast in microwave oven as explained above.
- Sprinkle water lightly only that too with hands. It may not spread evenly with a spoon.
- If they get too wet, they will get too long to get roasted. Water is sprinkled so that salt sticks to cashews.
- After 3 minutes, when you take the cashews out of the microwave oven for tossing, look at the colour and decide how many more times it needs to go into the microwave. If you find the cashews light brown then put in microwave for 30 more seconds.
- You have to be very careful with time, once almost done, even 10 to 20 seconds also make a difference.
- Do not run the microwave for 3 minutes at a stretch otherwise, the nuts will burn.
- Use only glass/ ceramic bowls. Do not use plastic bowls in the microwave as they are very harmful.
FAQs Related to Roasted Cashewnuts Recipe
Q) How long do roasted cashews last?
A) You can store these for up to a month.
Q) Should cashews be refrigerated?
A) It depends on the weather. In winters, these can be stored outside also nut in summers, store cashews in the refrigerator or maybe in the freezer, in an airtight container to avoid absorption of other food odors. In the freezer, these last for up to a year. And yes, they neither freeze nor stik to each other in the freezer. Anytime you wish to use just take them out of the freezer and use as required.
Q) Are roasted cashews good for health?
A) Both raw and roasted cashew nuts are good for you and provide health benefits. Both varieties contain similar amounts of calories, protein, carbs and fiber. These are rich in minerals and are heart-friendly.
Q) What are the culinary Uses of Cashews?
A) Apart from forming part of cookies, or breakfast cereals or chocolates, in India, they go into the preparation of sweets being used as the main ingredient or for garnishing or used as a snack.
A) Yes. Just use rock salt (saindha namak) and you can eat these during fasts too.
Let us Connect!
Thank you for reading this post. Hope you will surely try out this easy, quick and healthy way of making roasted cashews for your loved ones. Do not forget to share your feedback. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm to post more good content.You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest Instagram (#samirasrecipediary) too. for latest recipe updates. Thank you
Stay Healthy…Stay Happy