- 1 Peach Upside Down Cake At My Place
- 2 Eggless Peach Upside Down Cake
Recently updated on May 15th, 2020
Peach Upside-Down Cake, beautiful to look at and healthy to eat, is a pleasant change from the usual Pineapple Upside-Down Cake.
Made with wheat flour and jaggery this cake is a healthy treat and goes well with the tea or as a dessert when served with vanilla ice cream.
My other fruits based cakes/muffins are:
Peach Upside Down Cake At My Place
Fathers Day is around the corner and my healthy & beautiful Peach Upside Down Cake is dedicated to my dear father Mr K.K. Gupta. This cake is for all the loving, caring and doting fathers all over the world.
Serve this cake to your father along with his morning tea or if like me you are away from him then serve it along with ice cream after your night’s supper.
I have tried this cake twice in the past one week and every time it has turned out much better than my expectations
When I saw the luring pics of this cake on the internet then only I decided to make it. Though I am not a big peach lover but the concept and the pics tempted me to give it a try. And my trial was successful and is now in front of you.
As for the recipe, I followed my pineapple upside-down cake recipe only. Basically, everything is the same just that peaches replace pineapple. I know I haven’t yet posted my pineapple upside-down cake recipe. Have thought of posting it so many times but it’s still in the pipeline only. But now no worries, as this recipe is exactly that only. Last time, when I made pineapple upside-down cake, I even frosted it just like that, though ideally the upside-down cakes are left without any frosting only.
But as the peaches are in full bloom nowadays, so you too try it and I am sure you will love it. If you are regular here then you must be knowing that slowly and gradually I am replacing all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour in almost all my cakes.
Peach Upside-Down Cake With Jaggery
Also, I have replaced refined sugar with jaggery powder. The jaggery cake also I tried a few months back but again not shared with you yet. I promise, soon I will do that too. No refined sugar is used in this cake. As for the caramel also, I used jaggery only. Though I used brown sugar for the caramel sauce in my earlier peach upside-down cake as was unsure how caramel with jaggery would turn out to be. But then in the quest of making it perfectly healthy, I gave it a try and it was perfect. So, you can use either of the two. Caramel with jaggery is much easier and simpler than with the white sugar. Just melt jaggery with little butter and that’s it.
Peaches behave more or less like apples only. And by the way, apple-cinnamon is a deadly combination so is this peach-cinnamon. Cinnamon increases the taste of this cake manifolds,
Like my other fruit-based cakes, Strawberry muffins, Rasmalai cake, Breakfast muffins, I have made this without using vanilla essence here. No need here, as we have cinnamon in the cake.
This cake is best enjoyed when you have caramelised peaches with every bite. Because of this reason, I avoided making a tall cake and make a smaller one with less flour.
Fruits, wheat flour, jaggery, cinnamon…isn’t this a perfect healthy cake?
Have it in breakfast or pack in your little one’s lunch box or enjoy it with tea/coffee. After a sumptuous meal, have this cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream and a super dessert is ready.
Brownie Points Of My Peach Upside-Down Cake
|Made With Wheat flour|
|No refined sugar used|
|No Vanilla essence or any other essence used|
|Have it with tea as teatime cake, or|
|Have it as dessert|
Now is the time to share with you the recipe for this excellent cake. Follow the steps in the given order only.
Detailed Recipe Of Peach Upside Down Cake With Step By Step Pics
- Chop peaches and squeeze lemon juice to prevent discolouration.
- Arrange peach slices in the greased tin.
- Heat jaggery powder with the butter. (Later, I added little water also as it was too thick)
- Pour this over the peaches filling all the cavities in between the peaches. Remember the bottom will finally be the top only as it is an upside-down cake.
- Start preheating oven. Preheat it at 180 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt with a whisk.
- Add chopped peaches. Mix nicely.
- Blend curd, jaggery powder and oil in a blender and blend for few seconds till jaggery is dissolved completely.
- Add milk, jaggery mix into the flour mix.
- Pour the cake mix over the peaches.
- Keep it in the middle rack in the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Do the skewer test.
- Take out the cake. Let it cool little. Now, this side will become the bottom once we invert it.
- Invert on a wire rack and see your beautiful cake.
- Serve with love.
Recipe Card of Peach Upside-Down Cake
Eggless Peach Upside Down Cake
My Cup measures 240 ml
For the Caramel Sauce
- 3 Tablespoon Jaggery Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
For the Cake
- 3/4 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoon Oil
- 3 Tablespoon Curd
- 2 Pieces Peaches
- 1/2 Cup Milk at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Jaggery powder
Prepare The Baking Pan
Take a 6" round tin and grease it lightly.
Wash peaches and pat dry. No need to peel them. Just throw the stones and cut them into wedges. If doing this in advance then squeeze little lemon juice over these to prevent discolouration. Take proper slices and collect the tidbits or tiny pieces separately. We will use them in adding to the cake so don't discard them or eat it :)-
Arrange peach slices in the cake tin.
Make caramel sauce
Now, take jaggery powder and butter in a pan and melt over low heat. If it is too thick then add 1 or 2 tablespoon water and make it sauce-like consistency.
Pour this caramel sauce over the peach slices. Take care to cover all the empty spaces between the peaches. Leave it. You don't have to worry about it. Now make the cake batter.
Make Cake Batter
Start preheating the oven. Preheat it for 10 to 15 minutes at 180 degrees. Check your oven settings.
Take flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Sift it or mix everything with a whisk.
Add tiny pieces of peaches reserved in step 1. Mix everything so that they are coated well in the flour.
Take curd, oil and jaggery powder in a grinder and blend for 2 to 3 seconds. This is because otherwise, it becomes tough to mix jaggery fully.
Now, add this jaggery mix and milk to the dry flour mix.
Mix everything with light hands. Adjust the quantity of milk. Keep the batter of ribbon-like consistency.
Pour this batter over the peaches in the cake tin. If you see caramel floating on the sides of the batter then no problem, its okay.
Tap it lightly to release air bubbles, if any.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Take out the cake tin. Wait for 10 to 15 minutes. You need to be very careful as the cake is very soft and also the caramel sauce at the base is extremely hot. Invert it on a wire rack.
And be ready to have a beautiful looking peach upside down cake. Peaches like petals surrounded by caramel sauce look mind-blowing.
Let it cool down a bit or you may crumble it.
Slice it and serve with love to your loving father...
- The quantity of milk used may vary a little depending upon the consistency of curd and the flour quality.
- Use any oil which you use in the kitchen.
- You can make this cake with all-purpose flour also. In that case, everything else will remain the same except the quantity of milk. You will require lesser milk.
- Instead of jaggery, you can use brown sugar or refined sugar as well.
- The leftover caramel sauce, if any , can be used in your shakes or drizzle over your vanilla ice cream.
- After taking out of the oven, do not leave the cake in tin for longer period. Wait for 10 to 15 minutes then invert it. If done earlier, the cake may crumble. Also, the caramel beneath is too hot so be very careful. If leave it longer then peaches may get stuck to the cake tin only.
I hope you have liked this recipe of eggless Peach Upside-down Cake and will surely try it out for your loved ones. When you try it out then do share it on Instagram and tag me too using #samirasrecipediary
Thank you for reading this post. If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest Twitter too. for latest recipe updates. Thank you!
Healthy Eating…Healthy Living…