Eggless Morning Glory Muffins or say Apple Carrot Muffins are perfect to have in the morning to kick-start your day as these are made with wheat flour, oatmeal and of course have apples, carrot, nuts, dried fruits…. all rolled into one.
Morning Glory muffins are a good way to feed fruits and nuts to your children. Give them these muffins in the breakfast or in their lunch box and they will be more than happy.
While going to school or otherwise too, kids are really in a hurry and do not want to have everything that their mom wants them to have. In that case. just one Apple Carrot muffin and that’s it! Kids will have it willingly.
Also, some other fruit muffins which you may like are
Morning Glory Muffins Or Apple Carrot Muffins
Call these muffins Morning glory muffins or Apple Carrot Muffins or Breakfast muffins, whatever you may call these are sure to put a smile on your face with all the energy they will give you. With these muffins, you get to eat fruits, cereal and nuts all at one go.
I read this recipe long back in a magazine. Though I liked it but was skeptical how would apple and carrot taste in a muffin. But being crazy about trying new things, I gave this a try and was happy that I did. Everyone in the family liked these.
It is more or less the same recipe with of course wheat flour taking place of all-purpose flour, like most of my other recipes. In my quest for healthy baking, this time I added little oatmeal also. And believe me, still, they were a hit and liked by everyone.
Baking With Wheat Flour
Here, I want to share one thing. If you want to do some healthy baking, you can replace all-purpose flour with wheat flour easily. Everything else remains the same except sugar and liquid. Like the baking powder, baking soda, fat quantity does not change at all. However, you require more liquid when baking with wheat flour as wheat absorbs more liquid. Similarly, a slight increase in the quantity of sugar.
Brownie Points Of My Morning Glory Muffins
All-in-one muffin, having the goodness of a fruit, veggie, cereal, nuts, all together.
Any time snack. Ideal as a teatime or mid-afternoon snack or to be packed in lunch bbox.
Easy to Make
Full of taste
Here I am sharing the basic breakfast muffin recipe. You can adjust the quantity of fruits/ dried fruits as per your liking.
This recipe is more or less similar to my Banana Walnut Chocolate muffins recipe.
You can make these muffins look beautiful and colourful by sprinkling some confetti or dried cherries or chocolate chips on the top. This way children will find these more appetising and attractive.
Morning Glory Muffins Recipe With Step By Step Pics
- Sift wheat flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt 3 times.
- Take oil, curd, vanilla essence and powdered sugar in a big bowl. (You can replace powdered sugar with jaggery powder or brown sugar too)
- Whisk the oil curd mix for a minute or so till creamy.
- Start Preheating oven to 200 degrees C.
- Grate apple, carrot and chop nuts. Mix little flour in the chopped nuts.
- Add dry mix to the wet mix in 2 or 3 batches.
- Add grated apple, carrot and nuts.
- Mix everything very lightly using cut and fold method. Do not over mix.
- Put this batter in muffin liners using a spoon. Top with slivered almonds or tutti fruity, if desired.
- Tap the muffins tray to release air bubbles if any.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or till the skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Take out and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with love.
Recipe Card Of Morning Glory Muffins
My Cup Measures 240 ml
Eggless Morning Glory Muffins
Kick start your day with these nutrient-packed Breakfast Muffins made with wheat flour, oatmeal, apple and carrots and nuts.
- 3/4 Cup (100 g) Wheat flour (Atta)
- 1/4 Cup Oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 Cup (50 ml) Oil
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence or Fruit Essence
- 1/2 Cup Grated Apple
- 1/2 Cup Grated Carrot
- 1/4 Cup Mixed Nuts chopped finely ( I took almonds, cashews and raisins)
Line muffin liners in the muffins tray or in muffin moulds.
Take flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt in a bowl and sift it thrice. Sifting is very important as it aerates the flour making it light as a result the muffins too will come out light and fluffy. Keep it aside.
Take oil, curd, sugar and vanilla essence in a big bowl and mix it with a whisk for 2 to 3 minutes, till the mix becomes creamy.
Start preheating oven to 200 degrees C.
Grate apple and carrot.
Mix 1 tablespoon flour (from the above mix of flour only) in the chopped nuts.
In the wet mix, add dry mix in 2 or 3 instalments. Mix very lightly. Do not beat the batter at this stage else gluten will be formed making the muffins chewy.
Lastly, add grated carrot, apple and flour coated nuts.
Again mix very lightly. The consistency of this mix should be thick.
Using a spoon or ice cream scooper put this batter in muffin liners, filling these upto 3/4th.
Tap the muffin tray to release air bubbles, if any.
Top with confetti or tutti fruiti or chocolate chips or almonds, as you wish. ( I used Blueberry and slivered almonds).
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Fruit muffins take little longer to get ready.(mine took 30 minutes)
Insert a toothpick to check for the doneness of muffins.
If need be, bake for some more time. If remains uncooked then they will get soggy and also sink from the centre.
When done, take out and let them cool on wire rack.
When completely cool, store in an airtight container. Remains good for 3 to 4 days in cool weather. Otherwise, keep them in the refrigerator.
Serve in breakfast or pack in your little one's lunch box.
- Grate apple at the end or they may get discoloured. In case you grate it before then squeeze some lemon juice to it to prevent discolouration.
- Grated apple and carrots hold a lot of water. In case your batter is already thin then it is better to squeeze the apple and carrots and then add to the batter.
- Flour is added to nuts so that they get evenly distributed in the muffins and do not sink at the bottom.
- Use any cooking oil, be it olive or refined or any other.
- Avoid mustard oil and coconut oil owing to their strong odours.
- You may grate apple with or without skin.
I hope you have liked this recipe of Morning Glory Muffins and will surely try it out for your loved ones.
Thank you for reading this post. If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram(#samirasrecipediary) too. for latest recipe updates. Thank you!
Stay Fit… Stay Happy