Recently updated on June 8th, 2019Jump to Recipe
Easy Macaroni Salad with peanuts is a light salad but full of taste. Easy and quick to make this salad is a new favourite in our house. This salad can be had anytime and in fact, can be easily packed in the tiffin box also.
Recently, my husband was all gaga for this salad after he had it in a hotel during his official visit to Nainital. Though he is not at all into cooking, but after coming back from there gave me an exact description of it so that I could try at home also. When I made it was a hit. All of us liked it a lot and then only I decided to post it from alphabet S in Blogchatters A2Z Challenge.
The day before yesterday, I made Macaroni after ages. And can you believe it in the past 2 days I have made it 4 times? Everybody liked it so much that apart from the salad they also had it in Red Sauce, like Pasta. Actually, all these years Pasta is so much everywhere that this macaroni had taken a back seat. But then while making it the question as to whether pasta and macaroni are different or not was continuously bumping in my head. Though I was sure that they are the same but still.
And as I always say, a big thanks to my blogging which pushes me to go beyond my comfort zone and dig things further. Though short of time nowadays but still I had to and thus tried to do a little research on the differences between the two. And sharing the results with you. Not much of difference but still it’s going to be a good read, so go through these and if you have any more info regarding this then please share it too.
Difference Between Macaroni And Pasta
- Appearance: Pasta comes in various shapes and sizes like penne, spaghetti, fusilli, etc. But Macaroni is in just one shape everywhere and that is elbow shaped or say like alphabet c.
- Ingredients: Pasta is made using wheat, water, rice, rye and/or eggs. But macaroni is just wheat and water, without any eggs.
- Shelf life: Macaroni has a much longer shelf life than Pasta.
- Popularity: Pasta is specific to region whereas Macaroni is popular all over the world.
- Production: Pasta can be made manually or in machines. But Macaroni is always machine made. Visualize its shape and you will immediately agree that this shape cannot be made with hands.
The above info has been taken from here. You can also read in detail on this website.
Basically, not much of a difference. Just like all squares are rectangles but all rectangles are not squares, similarly, all Macaroni are Pasta But all Pasta are not Macaroni.
This Macaroni salad is quite simlar to the Pasta Salad I have shared earlier but this one is a much simpler version of it.
Step By Step Instructions To Make Easy Macaroni Salad
- Take 3 Cups water in a big pan and boil it.
- When the water starts boiling, add salt and Macaroni. Stir it so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Boil for 7 to 8 minutes till tender.
- Drain in a strainer and keep it aside.
- Chop bell peppers in small pieces.
- Roast peanuts.
- In a wok, take olive oil and saute bell peppers.
- When slightly soft, mix in the boiled macaroni, herbs and roasted peanuts.
- Adjust salt. Toss everything.
- Serve with love, soup optional.
Recipe Card Of Easy Macaroni Salad With Peanuts
Macaroni Salad With Peanuts
A simple and light salad but full of taste. Mildly flavoured with spices and bell peppers and crunchy peanuts.
- 1 Cup Macaroni
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Bell Peppers All 3 colours
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Peanuts
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs Oregano, Basil, Parsley, Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Vinegar
Chop bell peppers in small pieces.
Take 3 Cups water in a big pan and boil it.
When the water starts boiling, add salt and Macaroni. Stir it so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
Boil for 7 to 8 minutes till tender.
Drain in a strainer and keep it aside.
In a wok, take olive oil and saute bell peppers.
When slightly soft, mix in the boiled macaroni, herbs and roasted peanuts.
Adjust salt. Toss everything. Lastly, add vinegar and give a final toss.
Serve with love, soup optional.
- Peanuts are added whole only.
- Add peanuts at the time of serving to retain their crunchiness.
Isnt it a very straight forward recipe? But you will amazed by its taste.
Hope you will surely try out this easy, yummy and healthy recipe for your darlings. Please…do not forget to share your feedback.
So, that was the alphabet S. Lets wait till tomorrow to see what’s there from alphabet T.
You can find all my posts for this challenge under #BlogchatterA2Z
Tune in to my FB page for latest recipes and updates.
Stay Fit… Stay Healthy… But most importantly, Stay Happy…