Italian Pasta Salad, which is Colorful, Beautiful to look at, Presentable, Healthy, Delicious, Quick to make, Easy, and Ideal for Summers.
Pasta is today, one of the most sought-after food in most parts of the world. As per a global survey, it has topped the list of the world’s favourite foods – ahead of meat, rice, and pizza. Why so – because it is affordable, versatile and convenient. Even the sauces are so convenient to make.
Everyone, in all age groups, love Pasta.
But what about Pasta without any sauce?
Red Pasta in Red sauce, White Pasta in White sauce, Green Pasta in Pesto sauce…
But this Pasta salad is really amazing, it comes without any baggage of calories which the sauce can bring.
Highlights Of This Pasta Salad
- Pasta Salad is a no-fuss salad.
- Just boil Pasta, add veggies of your choice, some Vinaigrette and that’s it.
- Vinaigrette lends mild tanginess to the otherwise bland pasta.
- Pasta Salad is loaded with veggies.
- It is one salad where you have more veggies than the main ingredient, that is, Pasta and still, everybody loves it.
- In a way, this is like a vegetable salad to which some Pasta has been added.
- In fact, It is a very good way to feed veggies to your children.
- You can also pack this in your little one’s lunch box.
- It can be made exotic by adding veggies like bell peppers, Zucchini, Broccoli, Jalapenos, Olives etc.
- Add anything and everything to Boiled Pasta.
- I have added Bell Peppers, Broccoli, Zucchini, Cucumber, Tomatoes, Baby Corns, Carrots.
- You can add all these or any of these or any other like Olives, Jalapenos, Capsicum, Corns etc.
- Also, I have cut long strips of the veggies to make them compatible with my Penne shaped Pasta.
Shapes Of Pasta
Pasta comes in innumerable shapes – tubular, fan shape, spiral, noodle, seashell, strip and so on. Some of the popular names are Penne, Spaghetti, Conchiglie and Orecchiette, Fusilli, Lasagna, etc.
With Salads, a spiral or fan or tubular shapes work well. The veggies can be chopped accordingly.
Recipe Of Italian Pasta Salad
- Preparation Time: 20-25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1/2 Cup Pasta, any shape
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, medium sized
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, medium sized
- 1/4 Broccoli, medium sized
- 1 Cucumber, medium sized
- 1 Carrot, small
- 5-6 Baby Corns
- 2-3 Tbsp Olives
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Slivered Almonds (Optional)
- 3-4 Tbsp Vinaigrette*(See Below)
- Cook Pasta in a large pot of boiling water, to which salt has been added. Cook until tender. Drain in a colander and let it cool.
- While the pasta is boiling, chop all the veggies into medium size bites.
- In a large bowl, put Pasta, all the chopped veggies, and Vinaigrette.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine.
- Cover with cling film and chill in the refrigerator.
- At the time of serving sprinkle slivered almonds (optional).
- Serve with a smile, soup optional.
- Tastes best when made at least 30 minutes before serving, as flavours of herbs are absorbed properly.
- Adjust the quantity of veggies as per your preference.
- Store bought Mixed Herbs gives very good flavour. In the absence of Mixed Herbs, you can use Oregano and Dried Parsley.
Use Macaroni in place of Pasta.
Want to know the Difference Between Pasta And Macaroni?
Check Macaroni Salad Recipe.
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Oregano/ Parsley/ Mixed Herbs
- Just put all the three ingredients in a small bottle.
- Shake shake shake…
- And your Vinaigrette is ready to go into your Pasta salad.
- Make sure to shake the bottle again before adding it to the salad.
- This is because, when left for some time, oil and vinegar separate out again.
- Alternatively, you can whisk oil, vinegar along with herbs in a bowl, in case the bottle is not available.
Must Read: Macaroni Salad
Hope you will surely try out this yummy and healthy recipe for your loved ones. Do not forget to share your feedback. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm to post more good content.
If you like this recipe, do join me on my facebook page.
Buon Appetito !!!! (Happy eating)