Here I am, with my post from letter Z under BlogchatterA2Z challenge. A feeling of accomplishment, a sigh of relief, a vacuum from on, missing out on wonderful posts as well feedback, and what not. Today is a day packed with all these emotions.
This salad is a toast to all my co-bloggers who successfully completed this #BlogchatterA2Z challenge. Let’s celebrate! Many of you have already completed their last post by now and are brimming with joy whereas some like are on the last stages to complete it, but finally, mission accomplished. So, Pick up one, please.Jump to Recipe
From alphabet Z, I have come up with a salad which is elegant to look at, easy to make, wonderful to serve, healthy to eat and a no-cook recipe. Its a recipe which proves the idiom, good things comes in small packages, right. It is a small cute bundle rolled with the goodness of taste and health. Unlike other salads which are served in a bowl, this one is finger food. Its a salad which says ”Pick me up” and you just can’t resist yourself from picking it up.
As they say, eyes eat much before our mouth and its a game of presentation. So, why not present the usual salad veggies in an interesting way, so that even your darlings can’t say no it. After they come back from school in this sweltering heat, just give them a bowl of Watermelon Slush along with these salad rolls. These cool delights will refresh them immediately and put a smile on their face forgetting all the tiredness.
I have used Zucchini, also called Squash for making these rolls. Zucchini is a powerhouse of nutrients. It is high in fiber and water with zero fat. Also, it is rich in vitamins (B6, C, and K) and minerals (potassium and manganese). It boosts energy, lowers blood sugar levels, improves digestion, improves eyesight and much more. You can read in detail about Zucchini here.
You all aware of the importance of including more and more fruits and veggies in your meal plan and this salad is one such attempt from my side.
I have adapted this recipe from here and tweaked it as per my taste.
For making these salad rolls, I have taken both colours of Zucchini, green as well as yellow. Wash it properly, wipe it nicely and then slice it thinly. Slices need to be paper thin otherwise they will break while rolling them up. Now, slicing with a knife is a bit tedious job, So, use a peeler. Peeler works perfectly fine. While peeling take care that you cover a little of the skin portion also. This is because of two reasons. Firstly it gives a beautiful contrast which looks good and secondly it is somewhat sturdy and thus gives strength to the salad rolls.
Also, I have made a zesty dip with it which goes very well these rolls. This zesty dip is with hung curd. Hung curd is magical and every time I use it I can’t stop raving about it. In case, you want to see how to make hung curd, please visit here. And, one very important thing, do not ever throw the whey, that is water collected after making hung curd. There are umpteen uses of it, in the kitchen as well in beauty. You may not require this whey immediately but then store it in a bottle and keep it in the refrigerator. What are its uses? Please check here.
Now, let us see the method of making this Zesty Zucchini Salad Rolls. This is more of a method than a recipe as you need to use ingredients as per your choice and preference.
But before that just a minute… let’s talk about social media. If you like this recipe then do join me on my Facebook page to know about my latest recipes. Also, you can Pinit for later if not willing to try later on. And last but not the least, if you try it out then share your feedback through comments or on Instagram by using hashtag #samirasrecipediary. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm to post more good content.
Your one comment can make my day so please be generous with your comments.
My other recipes which you may find interesting are:
Detailed Method Of Zesty Zucchini Salad Rolls With Pics
For Zesty Dip
- Take hung curd, mix all the ingredients mentioned under it. Whisk till smooth.
- Keep it covered in the refrigerator till use.
- Wash all the veggies and pat dry. Peel beetroot. It’s better not to peel the cucumber, though entirely up to you.
- Cut thin strips of all the veggies and keep aside. I have taken bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers, beet, lettuce and radish
For Salad Rolls.
- Start peeling Zucchini, so that you have thin strips of it.
- Take two peels and keep them overlapping on each other. Use zesty dip to keep them in place. This is just to have a wider area as strips are very thin.
- Apply Zesty dip all over the strips.
- Keep veggie strips and start rolling.
- Dip applied will help in keeping the rolls intact and thus they will not open up easily.
- Serve with love and some zesty dip, mocktail optional.
Zesty Zucchini Salad Rolls
Zesty Zucchini Salad Rolls are elegant to look at, easy to make, wonderful to serve, healthy to eat and a no-cook recipe. Its a recipe which proves the idiom, good things comes in small packages
For Zesty Dip
- 1/2 Cup Hung Curd
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning Oregano, basil etc
- 1 tsp Chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Bell Pepper Red
- Bunch of Parsley
- Spring Onions
- 1/2 Beetroot
For Salad Rolls
- 1 Each Zucchini Green and Yellow
For Zesty Dip
Take hung curd, mix all the ingredients mentioned under it. Whisk till smooth.
Keep it covered in the refrigerator till uuse.
Wash all the veggies and pat dry. Peel beetroot. Better not to peel cucumber.
Cut thin strips of all the veggies and keep aside.
For Salad Rolls.
Start peeling Zucchini, so that you have thin strips of it.
Take two peels and keep them overlapping on each other. Use zesty dip to keep them in place. This is just to have a wider area as strips are very thin.
Apply Zesty dip all over the strips.
Keep veggie strips and start rolling.
Dip applied will help in keeping the rolls intact and thus they will not open up easily.
Serve with love and some zesty dip, mocktail optional.
- Use any veggies of your choice.
- Keep lemon in the freezer for an hour or two. This eases in taking out its zest. To take zest, then grate the lemon, only the yellow part, leaving behind the white part as it is very bitter.
- After cutting veggie strips keep them in ice cold water to prevent
- After making the roll, you may adjust the veggies in different lengths so that it looks like a bouquet.
- You can substitute zucchini with cucumber too.
- You can use hummus or cream cheese or mayonnaise or some salad dressing in place of zesty dip.
I have adapted this recipe from here.
Hope you will surely try out these yummy and healthy Salad Rolls for your darlings. Please, do not forget to share your feedback.
YOU CAN FIND ALL MY POSTS FOR THIS CHALLENGE UNDER BLOGCHATTERSA2ZCHALLENGE2019
So, that was my recipe with alphabet Z for the #BlogChattersA2Z Challenge. Hoping that you enjoyed my recipes as much as I enjoyed reading your articles.
Stay Fit… Stay Healthy… But most importantly, Stay Happy…
Hoping to keep in touch with you all…