Roti Noodles has Rotis as well as loads of veggies. It is quick to make and is very easy too.
Roti/Chapati noodles are the best use of leftover chapatis. It is healthy as well as delicious. Once you make this, I am sure you won’t mind Rotis being left in your casserole. In fact, you might make some extra to munch on this yummy snack later on.
Roti noodles is not only the best use of leftover chapatis but is also an interesting way to feed chapatis to young children
What is meant by Roti Noodles? Simple, it means that chapati is cut in the shape of noodles and then made in a way the noodles are made.
Roti Noodles, though a wonderful snack cum meal but it is also excellent for kids who throw tantrums in eating chapatis. Once you make these then they will always ask for more. In that case, do not use leftover chapatis, instead, make fresh chapatis, let them cool down and then make these.
Sometime back, my sister in law, Prashima tried these Roti Noodles for her 2-year-old daughter and was all gaga for it. She was happy as her daughter easily ate 2 to 3 chapatis but in the form of Roti Noodles. She said that even after that her daughter would demand more of these. So, a win-win situation for both moms and kids.
Brownie Points Of Roti Noodles
What If I Have Only 1 or 2 Leftover Chapatis?
For making Roti Noodles, you need at least 4 to 6 chapatis. Making these with just 1 or 2 chapatis is not worth at all. So, what to do? In this case, you have 2 options. The first option is to make Roti Quesadillas. But if you want to make Roti Noodles only, then freeze the leftover chapati/s. When you have collected at least 6 or more depending upon how much you need then take out the chapatis from the freezer, let them thaw and then cut strips and proceed.
How To Make Roti Noodles?
So let’s see how to make these yummilicious noodles. This is made exactly like Hakka noodles with the only difference that in place of noodles we use chapatis. So, for this chapatis are cut into thin strips like noodles. Pics below given in step by step recipe will give you an idea as to how to do it easily.
Not So Fresh Chapati: As we need to cut the strips of chapati, therefore using fresh chapatis is not a very good idea. This is because they tend to break as the fresh chapatis are very soft. Therefore either use leftover chapatis or make chapatis few hours ahead and then make these noodles.
Any Vegetable but cut juliennes: In this recipe, neither the ingredients nor the quantity of ingredients is fixed except of course Rotis. You can add veggies, seasoning, sauces of your choice. Use any vegetable be it onions, capsicum, peppers, mushroom, cabbage or any other. It’s better to use seasonal and easily available veggies. Whatever veggies you may use but take care that you chop them lengthwise so that when mixed with roti noodles they not only look good but also facilitates eating.
Here I am sharing with you a rough idea as to how to go ahead with this superb recipe. Besides, you can make changes as per your likes and preferences.
Recipe Of Roti Noodles
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 6 Leftover Chapatis
- 1 Carrot, cut into juliennes
- 1/2 Capsicum, shredded finely
- 1 Onion, shredded
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Cabbage
- 2-3 Tbsp Mushrooms, sliced finely
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp (or as per taste) Salt (see Note 2)
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
- 2 tsp Soya sauce
- 2 tsp Tomato Ketchup/ Pizza sauce
- 1 tsp White Vinegar ( optional)
- Cut leftover chapatis in the form of strips/noodles as shown in the pictures.
- In a big wok, heat olive oil and sauté shredded veggies at high flame for about 1 minute. Keep tossing, so they remain crisp and get partially cooked at the same time.
- Slide in the roti noodles and mix well.
- Add black pepper powder, soya sauce, tomato ketchup/ pizza sauce and vinegar.
- Toss nicely.
- Serve with love….lemonade optional.
- Best made with leftover rotis as the fresh rotis are too soft and tend to break while tossing. If making with fresh rotis then just keep them covered for some time till they cool down completely and then make.
- Salt depends on whether your Rotis have salt or not. If yes, then no need to add salt as soya sauce as well pizza sauce has enough salt. If not, then add 1/2 tsp salt or as per taste.
- Try and make this at least with 6 chapatis. You can collect leftover chapatis in the refrigerator (even in the freezer) packed in foil or poly bags. Stored like this remains good for a couple of days.
Instead of strips, you can also tear roti into pieces. In that case, chop veggies accordingly.
In a jiffy
Make as you cook Hakka noodles. Just replace noodles with roti strips.
Try these… you will love it…
I hope you have liked this recipe for making Roti Noodles and will surely try it out for your loved ones.
Thank you for reading this post. If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram(#samirasrecipediary) too. for latest recipe updates. Thank you!
Stay Fit… Stay Happy