Recently updated on July 21st, 2020
Outstanding Millet Pizza Without Yeast | Millet Pizza is really outstanding! It’s an easy, healthy and tastier version of regular pizza. And the best part is that it is gluten-free!
You can make it vegan too by using the sauce and toppings as in this Vegan Pizza
Unique Millet Pizza
This Millet pizza recipe is very unique where the pizza base is made with the batter and not with the dough! If you are looking for an easy pizza recipe then this is probably the answer. I have made this with Barnyard millet (Sama rice) which means you can have it during fasts too just by omitting onions.
Millet Pizza At my Place
In my hunt for millet recipes, I came across this recipe and found it unique as well good. Something worth giving a try. So, just went ahead with minor tweaks here and there in the original recipe. I used the Barnyard millet. I tried it with other millets too but Barnyard millet gives the best result! so, I would recommend that only.
The method of making this recipe is very unique. The pizza base is made with a batter, unlike dough in the usual cases. I have taken this recipe from here but have tweaked it a lot. Like, I neither used all-purpose flour or baking soda as mentioned in that recipe. This is because I wanted to make it gluten-free and without using any chemicals. It was a trial. And if I tell you frankly, while making this for dinner I had kept a second option ready as I was too unsure of the outcome. But believe me, it was so much liked by everyone that that second option got its due the next day only.
I had my inhibitions while trying it. But will share just one line that would say all, my son commented that I should make it regularly and that it was too good.
The Best thing about this Pizza, apart from being easy to make is that it is very light to eat. There is no feeling of heaviness after eating it.
Collection of Pizzas
I am glad to share with you my collection of various types of Pizzas with various toppings and base too.
- Whole Wheat Pizza with Yeast
- No Yeast Pizza
- Vegan Pizza using Sourdough base
- Millet Pizza (the one you are reading)
Besides these, I have also shared:
So, do try these variants of pizza too and share your feedback.
Farali Pizza During Fasts
Yes, you can have it during fasts! This is because the pizza base is made with Barnyard millet (Sama Rice) which is permissible to eat during fasts. Just make your own pizza sauce and omit onions.
A Little About Barnyard Millet
Barnyard millet is known by different names in different regions. Like Sama Rice in Hindi, Shyama in Bengali, Moraiyo in Gujarati, Sanwa or Samvat or Swang ke Chawal in Hindi, Oodalu in Kannada, Kuthiraivolly in Tamil and Udalu in Telugu and Barnyard Millet in English. It is also called Jungle Rice.
It is gluten-free, rich in the digestible fibres, minerals and vitamins and offers excellent nourishment. It has a low GI and is also good for reducing weight. You can read more here.
Brownie Points Of My Millet Pizza Without Yeast
|No Yeast, No Baking Powder, No Baking Soda used.|
|Easy to Make|
|Can Be Eaten During Fasts too|
|Healthy & Nutritious|
|Yummy In Taste|
How To Make Millet Pizza Without Yeast
For making this pizza, use any millet. Like I used Barnyard millet. Soak it for a minimum of 4 hours, though more the better. After that grind into a fine paste. Thereafter, make pancakes with this batter. These pancakes will be the pizza base. Now, don’t jump to conclusions after reading this line. You need to give it a try to believe me. You can make this pancake, a thicker one or a very thin one, if willing to have thin crust Pizza.
Using this pancake as the pizza base, apply pizza sauce, cheese and veggies and bake in the oven. Seriously, the taste is too good!
Detailed Instructions To Make Millet Pizza With Step By Step Pics
- Rinse Barnyard millet in water by changing water several times till you get clean water. Soak it for at least 4 hours.
- Once soaked well, drain all the water and grind it to a fine paste.
- Mix tapioca flour in this batter. Add salt.
- Make the batter of flowing consistency, just like the Dosa batter.
- Heat a skillet. Grease it lightly, pour a ladle full of the batter. Drizzle little oil all around and cook on medium flame. One side remains white like this only, but it’s fine. It’s not uncooked.
- After about a minute or so, flip it and cook it lightly from the other side too. Cook it very lightly as it will be getting cooked in the oven too.
- Once lightly cooked from both the sides, keep it on a wire rack.
- Cook all the pancakes like this.
- This pancake is to be used as the pizza base. So, preheat your oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Take one pancake or say pizza base.
- Apply pizza sauce. Put cheese and veggies.
- Cook it in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes till cheese melts.
- Serve with love, juice optional.
Variation To Make it Vegan Pizza
The base of this millet pizza is gluten-free. If you use seed sauce and pumpkin sauce, the way I have used in my Vegan pizza then this pizza will be ultimate, gluten-free as well as vegan!. So, do try that variation too.
I hope you have liked this recipe for Millet Pizza and will surely try it out for your loved ones. I would love to have your views regarding this.
Thank you for reading this post. If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest Instagram(#samirasrecipediary) too. for latest recipe updates. Thank you!
Recipe Card Of Millet Pizza
Millet Pizza Without Yeast
A healthy, gluten-free version of Pizza using millets.
My Cup Measures 240 ml
For Pizza Base
- 2 Cups Barnyard Millet
- 1 Cup Tapioca Flour (Sago Flour)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Cup Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Veggies Of Your Choice (To Lay On Pizza)
- 200 g Pizza Cheese Or As Required
- Chilli Flakes As Per Taste
- Oregano As Per Taste
Make Pizza Base
Wash Barnyard millet in water by changing water several times till you get clean water. Soak it for at least 4 hours.
Once soaked well, drain all the water and grind it to a fine paste.
Mix tapioca flour in this batter. Add salt.
Heat a skillet. Grease it lightly, pour a ladle full of the batter. Drizzle little oil all around and cook on medium flame.
After about a minute or so, flip it and cook it lightly from the other side too. Cook it very lightly as it will be getting cooked in the oven too.
Once lightly cooked from both the sides, keep it on a wire rack.
Cook all the pancakes like this.
This pancake is to be used as the pizza base.
So, preheat your oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes.
Take one pancake or say pizza base.
Apply pizza sauce. Put cheese and veggies.
Cook it in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes till cheese melts.
Serve with love, juice optional.
- If making Pizza immediately after making base then let the base(pancakes) be on the wire rack. Otherwise, once cooled, keep them in a zip lock bag in the refrigerator.
- Use veggies and cheese as per your liking and thus the quantity may vary.
- Better to make thin pancakes.