Recently updated on March 11th, 2020
Honey Chilli Potato Or Guilt-free Chilli Potato? With french fries made in an air fryer, now, you can treat your children daily with these healthy Chilli Potatoes. So, no more second thoughts while making chilli potato.
This recipe is very child-friendly and is absolutely guilt-free and still tastes superb.
Related Recipes which you may like to try:
Honey Chilli Potato: All Time Favourite
Whenever we dine out in a restaurant, one starter which my son Shivang has to order is Chilli Potato. He is now an adult but his craziness for these remains the same as what was in childhood. He can have these any day at any time.
But is he the only one? I think these crispy potato fries wrapped in sauces are preferred by everyone. Decades back, when I celebrated his Birthdays by inviting his tiny mini friends at home, then one item was normally there and that was Chilli Potato. Actually, that time, we called it Dragon potatoes. It was super hit and children liked it like anything. This recipe was given to me by my friend Reena Gupta. I followed it the way she told me and to date, it remains the same.
Honey Chilli Potato In Air Fryer
The only difference I have made is that now I have started making potato fries in the air fryer instead of deep-frying. This not only makes it healthy but also a lot crunchier. Deep-fried fries get soggy if not coated with cornflour. But, if you are making these in air fryer then no such coating is required. Also, they remain crisp even when cooled down. Thus, not only oil but even corn flour is cut. The other advantage is of time. You dump these in the air fryer and can do other chores as your hands are free. I just love cooking in an air fryer.
I have already shared the method of making French Fries in the air fryer. You can refer to that too for more details.
Detailed Recipe Of Honey Chilli Potato In Air Fryer With Step By Step Pics
- Preheat Airfryer at 200 degrees C for 5 minutes.
- Wash and peel potatoes and cut them lengthwise in the shape of fries.
- Toss the cut potatoes in 1 teaspoon oil and put them in the preheated air fryer basket.
- Air fry these for 30 minutes or till golden brown and crisp.
- Mix tomato ketchup, soya sauce and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl. Mix 3 to 4 tablespoons water in it and keep this aside. I added garlic powder instead of garlic.
- In the meantime, chop veggies lengthwise.
- In a deep and wide pan, heat oil and add garlic and onions. saute for a while. Then add capsicum and carrots. If using fresh garlic then add at this stage.
- Saut all the veggies on high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato ketchup mix, which we made in this and cook on high flame for 30 seconds or so
- When it starts bubbling add the potato fries and toss everything so that the fries are well coated with the sauces.
- Add honey, vinegar, sprinkle sesame seeds and greens of spring onions and toss again.
- Serve with love, soup optional.
Recipe Card Of Honey Chilli Potato
I hope you liked this easy and healthy recipe of Honey Chilli Potato and will surely try it out for your loved ones.
Please do take out little time to comment below in the comments section as your feedback fuels my enthusiasm to post more good content. And if you like it then do share it with your dear ones also on your favourite social media sites.
If you wish to stay updated with the latest recipes then follow me on my Facebook page.
This post is a part of #BlogchatterA2Z 2019.
So, that was my recipe with alphabet C for the Blog Chatters A2Z Challenge. Any guesses for tomorrow, from D? Clue? Ok, of course, its kids favourite. And it’s a sweet, an ancient traditional sweet but with a twist to suit the taste buds of the little ones. Keep guessing and Stay tuned…
You can find all my posts for this Challenge under BlogchattersA2ZChallenge2019
Stay Fit… Stay Healthy… But most importantly, Stay Happy…