Recently updated on December 24th, 2020
How to Make Brownie Mix | Homemade Brownie Mix is a convenient way to make brownies. With this mix in your pantry you can make Brownies in a jiffy!
Pros of Homemade Brownie Mix
- With Brownie Mix ready in your pantry, making Brownies is a child’s play. Just mix the brownie mix with the wet ingredients and bake. That’s it.
- It saves your time, energy everything.
- Depending on the weather conditions, you can keep it at room temperature or in the refrigerator for months.
- Also, it is very good for gifting also.
Homemade Brownie Mix for Gifting
Also, it is very good for gifting also. On certain occasions especially festivals when we are flooded with sweets and chocolates, then you gift this instant brownie mix. And they can make wonderful brownies from it at their convenience and preference.
How do they make it? Simple, when you gift this jar of brownie mix you stick/ attach a simple list of instructions. And with the help of that, they can easily make brownies.
If you bake brownies and gift them then they would last a maximum for a week but this brownie mix will be there easily for months. And people can make it when they really want to have it.
Adjust Quantity As Per Your Liking
You can make this jar of as much quantity as you wish. Like for 1 time or 2 times or more.
I am giving here the ingredients which are suitable for making 2 set of brownies.
I have also mentioned the instructions which you can write manually or get them printed and then stick to the jar.
Also, this Brownie mix gets ready very quickly.
For making this mix, I have adapted the same Brownie recipe which I posted earlier and was loved by everybody.
The only difference is that I used Powdered sugar for making the mix so that it blends well with dry ingredients.
You can add melted chocolate to this at the time of baking. Add 2 or 3 Tbsp melted chocolate to the batter while mixing.
One more thing, though the mix is for two sets of brownies only and weighs 600 g approximately but occupies much more space than its actual weight and is therefore filled in 1 kg jar. This is because once the mix is sifted its volume increases.
2 Cups (240 g) All-Purpose Flour
2 Cups (300 g) Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup (60 g) Cocoa Powder, Dutch-processed
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
- Take a sieve, put all the dry ingredients and sift it thrice.
- That’s it. Your Brownie Mix is ready.
- Fill it in a jar and label it. Attach the instructions card.
- Now keep it for your own use or gift it to your loved ones.
- This much quantity makes a total of 4.5 Cups, suitable for making 2 batches of brownies in pan sized 5″ by 5″.
- You can halve or double the quantity.
Instructions Card (To be attached to the jar)
- Mix Together:
- 2.25 Cups Brownie Mix
- 1/2 Cup (100 g) Melted and warm Butter
- 1/2 Cup (120 ml) Curd
- 1/2 Cup (120 ml) Water
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 Tbsp Melted Dark Chocolate (Optional)
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts, crushed (Optional)
- Grease a 5″ by 5″ square baking pan. Line it with aluminium foil.
- Pour the batter into it.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Take out holding the aluminium foil only. Do not invert it.
- Cut only when completely cool.
Related Recipes Chocolate Walnut Brownie
If you have liked this recipe or any of my other recipes then please leave a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm to post more good content.
Also, join me on my Facebook page for more interesting tips and facts.