- 1 Millets in an Interesting Way
- 2 Jowar Puffs
- 3 Movie With Jowar Puffs
- 4 Is Jowar Puffs Healthy?
- 5 A Little About Jowar or Sorghum
- 6 How To make Jowar Puffs?
- 7 Brownie Points of My Jowar Puffs
- 8 Detailed Method To Make Jowar Puffs With Step By Step Pics
- 9 How To Eat Jowar Puffs
Recently updated on September 29th, 2020
Healthy Jowar Puffs or say, Jowar Popcorns is an excellent answer if you are looking for a guilt-free snack.
Popcorn is something everyone is aware of and making popcorn at home is common nowadays.
Ever thought of making Pop Jowar? Look at its benefits and its making and then decide your self whether you want Popcorn or Pop Jowar.
Millets in an Interesting Way
If you are trying to incorporate millets in your routine then I have some really interesting recipes which will make you not just have it as it is good for health but you will love to indulge in millets.
In day to day meals, you can have Millet Bisi Bele Bhat.
Then Jowar Muffins tastes as good as that of whole wheat.
If you ask me, I had never thought that Jowar can be eaten in this form too. Then how did I get this idea? Actually, when I went to buy my stock of millets then there at the store they had kept these. They looked exactly like popcorn. But couldn’t be popcorn as that was an exclusive millet store. When I tasted it, these were so light and delicious too. There only they told me how to make it and when I tried back home, I was mesmerised by the popping sound and the cutie little puffs.
They not only get ready in less than 10 minutes but disappear even faster!
Nowadays, because of the lockdown going on, I have my limited stock of Sorghum and is not easily available, so I am using it very miserly. Once the things get back to normal, I am going to freak out on these Jowar Puffs.
Movie With Jowar Puffs
Seriously, try it! Next time you watch a movie on Netflix or Amazon Prime then instead of Popcorn, make a big batch of these Jowar Puffs along with Aam Panna. See, how enjoyable the movie will be with these guilt-free puffs.
Is Jowar Puffs Healthy?
Of course YES! These are gluten-free, fiber-rich, low in calories, zero fat and full of nutrients. Unlike Popcorn, these Jowar puffs taste good even without any butter or oil.
A Little About Jowar or Sorghum
Like all other millets, Sorghum is too packed with nutrients and minerals. But unlike other millets, Sorghum is closest to wheat in terms of taste and texture. It can be replaced for wheat in a much easier way than any other millet. This millet is called Jowar in Hindi, Sorghum in English and Cholam in Tamil and Malayalam. You can read more about this millet here.
How To make Jowar Puffs?
Making Jowar puffs is an easy peasy recipe which takes less than 10 minutes. I make these puffs with whole Jowar. No soaking is required but its better to wash and dry it before roasting. This is because there is a lot of dirt in it and thus should be washed. Just dry it on a kitchen napkin for 15 minutes or so. Thereafter they are roasted in a wok where they pop beautifully and turn into Jowar Popcorns.
Brownie Points of My Jowar Puffs
|Easy To Make|
|Good in Taste|
Detailed Method To Make Jowar Puffs With Step By Step Pics
- Wash Jowar by changing water 3 to 4 times till you get clean water.
- Drain all water and dry the Jowar by spreading on some kitchen napkin for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed wok.
- When reasonably hot, put the dried Jowar kernels in it.
- Keep stirring for 2 to 3 minutes on medium flame till they start popping.
- Once they start popping, cover it as they pop and will splutter outside otherwise.
- In between, remove the lid just little and stir. The gas flame needs to be adjusted every now n then. If too high, the Jowar will burn, if too slow then they will not pop. So, keep on regulating it.
- Once they stop popping, switch off the flame and Jowar Puffs are ready.
- Lot of Jowar will remain unpopped. These can be grinded into powder and can be added to Jowar flour or any other flour.
How To Eat Jowar Puffs
- Eat Jowar Puffs as it is like popcorn.
- Add salt and pepper to it.
- Make a snack by adding roasted peanuts or other nuts.
This post is a part of #BlogchatterA2Z 2020.
I hope you have liked easy recipe of healthy Jowar Puffs. I am sure you will definitely try it out for your loved ones. I would love to have your views regarding this.
Thank you for reading this post. If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram(#samirasrecipediary) too. for latest recipe updates. Thank you!