Recently updated on March 11th, 2020Jump to Recipe
Banana Pancakes With Jaggery & wheat flour, that too without baking powder or eggs is one of the healthiest breakfast & is no less than a healthy jackpot.
If I split the three words of Banana Pancakes With Jaggery then all three are healthy foods. And when they are combined into one it is like a healthy jackpot. These pancakes are ideal to be served in breakfast as they are yummy and filling too besides being healthy.
And, do you know the Usp of this recipe? Any guesses? Though a look at the pic below will tell you all but still if you find it difficult to guess then wait a while till you scroll down a little.
Some other cakes/muffins you would like for your breakfast are:
For the Blog Chatters A2Z Challenge, the most obvious choice from alphabet B was something with Banana but still, I am adding it at the last minute. I had planned something else from B and it is completely ready in my drafts but still going for this change. And I am glad about this change as it is one of the healthiest, easiest and yummiest recipes to have in the breakfast. Just go through the recipe and I am sure you too will agree with me.
Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes Without Eggs And Baking Soda/Powder
Normally, pancakes are made with eggs but this one is definitely eggless and without any leavening agents like baking powder or baking soda. Actually, banana fades the need for these two and comes perfectly without these also.
These banana pancakes comes out as fluffy as the ones with eggs.
And the best part is that this one is an easy recipe and can be put up easily and quickly. I have shared earlier Banana Walnut Muffins and Waffles recipes on my blog. And this one is like a mix of these two recipes only. These are made best with over-ripened bananas.
Pancakes Served With Caramelized Bananas
This is perhaps the Usp of this recipe. banana pancakes when served with caramelized bananas and honey, they do not raise its nutritional value but increases the taste manifold.
These pancakes are ideal for children and adults alike. Even toddlers can have these.
With the same batter, you can make waffles too. For making waffles, keep the batter slightly thick. You may read more tips about waffles here. If making waffles then serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Using Over-Ripened Bananas
These pancakes or in fact even banana muffins come out best with over-ripened bananas. You can say this is also a good way to use over-ripened bananas.Whenever, bananas in my house are getting darker in colour then is the time to make these pancakes for sure.
Using over-ripened bananas serve two purposes:
- Adds to the taste
- Reduces the quantity of jaggery. Over ripened bananas are higher in sugar and also in antioxidants. Read more here.
Tip: If you have fresh bananas and you are in a mood to have these pancakes in your breakfast, then? No worries. Just put these in the microwave oven for 30 to 40 seconds and see the magic.
Banana Pancakes Recipe With Step By Step Pics
- Blend together bananas, jaggery powder with little milk in the mixer till smooth and is lump-free.
- Take wheat flour in a bowl. Add above puree, oil, vanilla essence and rest of the milk.
- Make a smooth batter and leave it for 10 to15minutes. Adjust consistency if the batter gets too thick by then.
- Heat a griddle, brush oil on it. Lower the flame and put a ladle full of the batter, it spreads on its own.
- Increase the flame, apply little oil around the edges and after a minute or so, flip it and cook from the other side too.
- When golden brown from both the sides, serve it or stack one by one.
- Serve with caramelized bananas and honey. Sprinkle some walnuts for the crunch.
- You can even serve these with chocolate sauce or caramel sauce.
Take jaggery powder and water in a pan. When jaggery dissolves fully, boil it for a minute and add banana pieces. Toss nicely and serve.
Tip: If you have fresh bananas then put them in the microwave for 30 seconds or so to get over-ripened ones.
Recipe Card Of Healthy Banana Pancakes
Banana Pancakes With Jaggery
Banana Pancakes With Jaggery and made with wheat flour and without any baking powder/eggs is one of the healthiest breakfast and is perhaps like a healthy jackpot.
- 1 Cup 130 g Wheat flour (Atta)
- 1+2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Bananas Over ripened
- 2 Tbsp Jaggery Powder
- 1+1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon Powder (Optional) at room temperature
- 1/4 Cup Honey Or
- 2 Bananas
- 1/4 Cup Jaggery Powder
- 4 Tbsp Water
Blend together bananas and jaggery powder with little milk in the mixer till smooth and lump free. .
Take wheat flour in a bowl. Add above puree, oil, vanilla essence and rest of the milk.
Make a smooth batter and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. The batter should be like Dosa batter. Adjust milk accordingly.
Heat a griddle, brush oil on it. Lower the flame and put a ladle full of the batter. Spread it lightly.
Increase the flame, apply little oil around the edges and after a minute or so, flip it and cook from the other side too.
When golden brown from both the sides, serve it or stack one by one.
Serve with caramelized bananas and honey.
You can even serve these with chocolate sauce or caramel sauce.
In a pan, heat jaggery with water. When jaggery is dissolved, boil it for a minute.
Add banana slices and toss nicely so they are coated with jaggery syrup.
Put these on pancakes while serving.
- It is best to use over ripened bananas for this.
- Quantity of jaggery can be adjusted according to the sweetness of bananas.
- Quantity of milk may vary a little as different flours have different absorption capacity.
- You can add a pinch of cinnamon too in the batter.
- While serving, sprinkle some walnuts for the crunch.
- Tip: If you have fresh bananas then put them in the microwave for 30 seconds or so to get over-ripened ones.
I hope you liked this easy and healthy recipe of Banana Pancakes and will surely try it out for your loved ones.
Please do take out little time to comment below in the comments section as your feedback fuels my enthusiasm to post more good content. And if you like it then do share it with your dear ones also on your favourite social media sites.
If you wish to stay updated with the latest recipes then follow me on my Facebook page.
This post is a part of #BlogchatterA2Z 2019.
So, that was my recipe with alphabet B for the Blog Chatters A2Z Challenge. Any guesses for tomorrow, from C? Clue? Ok, of course, its kids favourite. Hardly any restaurant dining is complete without this. Now, you must have guessed it. But still, see you tomorrow.
You can find all my posts for this Challenge under BlogchattersA2ZChallenge2019
Stay Fit… Stay Healthy… But most importantly, Stay Happy…