- 1 Uses of Air Fryer
- 2 Air Fryer Recipes Veg
- 3.1 8. Stuffed Tomatoes In Air Fryer
- 3.2 9. Roast Veggies In Air Fryer Without Adding Calories
- 3.3 10. Namkeen In Air Fryer
- 3.4 11. Making Papad Cone Is Child’s Play In Air Fryer
- 3.5 12. Bake Cake or Muffins
- 3.6 13. Bake Bread
- 3.8 14. Multigrain Crackers In Air Fryer
- 3.9 15. Popcorn Pops Up Beautifully In Air Fryer
- 3.10 16. Instant Bread Sticks: Crunchiest Ones Are Made In Air Fryer
Recently updated on December 13th, 2020
This post on Air Fryer Recipes Veg | Air Fryer Veg recipes is for all those who wonder what to make in the air fryer. These are just the ideas, possibilities are endless.
You will be amazed seeing what all can be made in the air fryer!
Uses of Air Fryer
Coming to the uses of air fryer, here I am sharing different uses of air fryer along with some of my recipes with you all. These recipes are just to give you an idea of all that you can do in the air fryer. With this, you can start exploring what you can do in your air fryer.
In some cases you need to brush oil on the basket, in others, you toss the ingredients in just a teaspoon of oil, some you lay directly on the basket whereas for others you may spread aluminum foil first and then keep the stuff on it. While laying butter paper/aluminum foil, remember that you do not cover the basket fully. Leave space around the edges so that hot air can move freely.
Before having a look at the recipes, would you like to know about the benefits of air fryer?
Air Fryer Recipes Veg
You will be amazed seeing all that you can do in your air fryer. The recipes I am sharing here are all air fryer veg recipes.
A lot many people have asked me as to air fryer of which brand I am using. So, I am using Philips Airfryer for the past 5 years now and very happy with it. However, you can use this or any other air fryer as it doesn’t make any difference as long as you are comfortable working with it and understand its functioning.
Now, let’s see some of the air fryer Indian recipes made in it in detail.
The otherwise healthy potato turns spoilt brat as soon as it jumps into the oil. Once fried they absorb a lot of oil and are thus unhealthy. Definitely, you don’t want to eat this calorie-rich food and thus you give up eating it. But not now.
You can have your share of French fries without carrying any guilt. French fries are best made in an air fryer. This alone can tempt you to buy an air fryer. Here is the recipe of crispy and golden french fries in the air fryer.
2. Guilt-Free Falafel/Koftas In Air Fryer
A very healthy snack made from protein-rich Garbanzo beans or say Chickpeas. But again the nutrients are lost when these are plunged into the hot oil. But not anymore with the air fryer.
Keep your healthy Falafels healthy only by air frying them. Check the recipe of Falafel In Air Fryer here.
- Koftas: In my family, everybody loves kofta curry. And the best part is that both my sons, though don’t eat lauki (bottle gourd) but they like lauki (bottle gourd) koftas (dumplings) a lot. Again making them was a task as they needed frying. For the past few years, I started making koftas in Appe maker. That was also good but the ones made in the air fryer are just awesome…as good as fried only. The taste is also very good.
- For this, you make koftas as you make. But instead of deep-frying, air fry them. The method is the same, preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 180 degrees. Brush the air fryer basket with oil or spray oil. Put koftas and air fry for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can brush oil on the koftas only (though I don’t do this, as I m very lazy, but yes flip them just once after a minute so that they do not stick to the air fryer basket). I usually make lauki koftas (bottle gourd dumplings) but you can make Plantains kofta or Malai kofta as well in the air fryer.
3. Kebab In Air Fryer
The air fryer is perfect for making kebabs. Even the softest kebabs can be made in a hassle-free manner. No tossing, no oil, nothing. Spray the air fryer basket with oil or brush it with oil and place your kebabs in the preheated air fryer. Cook till you get the desired crispiness and color. You may check the kebab recipes in the links below:
4. Air-Fry Veggies Without Oil
A lot of veggies need to be fried before putting them in gravy. Frying changes the taste and texture of these veggies. But with the air fryer, you can get away with frying. Cottage cheese (paneer), Jackfruit, plantains are done beautifully in an air fryer. Just preheat air fryer for 5 minutes and put veggies in it. Now air fry for as much time as you want the golden colour. Cottage cheese, you can put as it is, that is just cut and air fry but you require to toss jackfruit n plantains in little oil. Like 1 teaspoon oil is sufficient for the half kg of veggies.
5. Roasting Nuts In Air Fryer
Nuts are superbly done in an air fryer. You may or may not preheat air fryer for nuts. I require peanuts very often for adding to my Poha Namkeen. And just in 2 to 3 minutes, I get evenly roasted peanuts. Colour, texture, crunchiness… everything perfect and that too in such a little time. Similarly, you can roast almonds, cashews, fox nuts (makhanas) etc. Timing will vary depending on the nuts and quantity. Like fox nuts shown below took 5 minutes.
Spicy n crunchy peanuts, coated in gram flour batter, masala peanuts is a healthy party snack. You can make these and store them in an airtight container up to a month. But do they last that long? Not in my house at least. Can you believe these are made in just 10 minutes? Here’s the recipe for Masala Peanuts In Air Fryer.
Again a very popular party/evening snack. Kalmi Vada is actually made from lentils and is fried at 2 stages. First in patties form, then cut into strips and refried. Here, one frying is inevitable but second frying can be avoided. After cutting the strips, air fry them in the preheated air fryer. In the pic below, the ones on the left of the green chutney are air-fried whereas the right ones are deep-fried. Check the recipe of Kalmi Vada here.
Stuffed veggies are a delicacy on their own. Be it stuffed capsicum, stuffed tomatoes or any other veggie, it tastes yummy. We normally make these in a pan but make these in air fryer and get away from the process of changing sides for even cooking. The recipe for Stuffed Tomatoes is here.
9. Roast Veggies In Air Fryer Without Adding Calories
- Now, have roasted/grilled potatoes in your breakfast. These are perfectly roasted in the air fryer. Similarly, the sweet potatoes can also be roasted easily. Yes, they get roasted perfectly in Otg also but you can roast these in air fryer as well and the results are excellent. I prefer air fryer to Otg for the same reason that it is handy to use and is preheated in just 5 minutes.
- After washing the potatoes/sweet potatoes/aubergine, just pat dry these using a kitchen towel. When you put wet potatoes/sweet potatoes, they give a taste of boiled whereas dry ones tastes like roasted.
- For this preheat air fryer for 3 to 4 minutes at the highest temperature in your air fryer. Keep the washed and wiped potatoes in it. Check after 15 minutes. Normally done by then but if not, then continue for some more time.
Poha namkeen and that too oil-free is loved by all. My husband prefers taking it for his after office snacks, on his way back. No matter how much I make this it gets finished in a jiffy. And thus I have to make it some in the morning. But with an air fryer, it is very simple and easy as it gets prepared in just 10 minutes, so, why not?
11. Making Papad Cone Is Child’s Play In Air Fryer
- Papad cone filled with salad is a very light snack. Free of calories, crunchy papad cones looks classy when served. Yes, I know that papad cone can be made otherwise also, like roast papad and then immediately shape it. Of course, you can do it that way. But I prefer first making the cone and then roasting it. Look at the pics. What do you say now?
- Preheat air fryer for 3 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Put papad cones.
- Air fry for 5 minutes. As papads are generally roasted very quickly so will these cones be. Do not leave longer else might get burnt.
12. Bake Cake or Muffins
- Though a fryer but baking is also done perfectly in the air fryer. Whatever your recipe is, just follow that, and finally, at the time of baking, bake it in the air fryer.
- Preheat it for 5 minutes at 160 degrees and then place your cake tin or muffin moulds. The cake takes 15 minutes whereas muffins are done in 10 minutes. Isn’t it cool?
- Bake cake or Muffins: While baking cake, ensure to do the toothpick test. This is because, once in a while, the top may look perfectly done whereas underneath it needs more baking. If so, then cover the top with an aluminum foil and continue baking till baked completely.
- But there is a problem when baking muffins. Guess what? The problem with the muffins is that you can keep only 4 to 5 at a time.
13. Bake Bread
The other day, I was making pav buns. I placed the buns on my baking tray and was left with dough for just 2 buns. For these two buns, I would have to run the complete cycle of 20 minutes in Otg again. So, I preheated air fryer, put the buns in muffins moulds and baked them in the air fryer. And such a lovely bake it was. ‘Cup pav’ looked really cute.
These multigrain crackers are baked beautifully in an air fryer. The only problem is that very few are baked at a time.
15. Popcorn Pops Up Beautifully In Air Fryer
Air fryer may not be the best thing to make popcorns but I just love making in it as they pop up beautifully in it. I make popcorns using dried corn kernels and not the readymade instant popcorn packet. This is because they are loaded with butter and salt. So, I buy corns, pop them in the air fryer and then season with little oil and salt.
- Within 5 minutes puffed-up popcorns are ready.
- Whether you preheat the air fryer or not, it doesn’t make any difference. If you preheat it then popping starts just after 3 to 4 seconds. If you don’t then the popping starts after 6-7 minutes. That’s the only difference.
- 180 degrees C is perfect for popcorns too.
- For making these do not put more than 1/4th cup of corn kernels. Only with this much kernels, the basket will be full once all popped up.
- You will clearly hear the pop-pop sound. When the sound stops, it means they all are puffed up. Once done, take them out in a bowl, drizzle oil/melted butter, sprinkle salt, and toss nicely. And your tub of popcorn is ready for munching while you watch your favorite movie.
- But just one thing. Let me warn you that few popped-up corns may go hay way inside the air fryer, either below the drip tray or on the roof of the air fryer and when you next use your air fryer then they come out from somewhere or the other. I don’t take it as a problem because being dry, you can easily remove them. But it’s up to you how you take it. Otherwise no harm to the appliance. Have been making it every now n then for the past 6 months.
16. Instant Bread Sticks: Crunchiest Ones Are Made In Air Fryer
This is the best use of leftover trimmings of bread. Normally, we dry these trimmings and make bread crumbs. But try this and you will just love it. Store the trimmings in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator. Don’t worry, expiry date of bread is there but when it goes in the refrigerator this life is increased considerably.
Now, preheat air fryer for 3 minutes at 180 degrees. Put these trimmings. Air fry for 3 to 4 minutes depending on the quantity. You can even toss once in between. And voila, your super crunchy breadsticks are ready. Serve them with soup or just like that.
Conclusion: So, these are some of the ways I use my air fryer. There are many other ways too but since I don’t have the pics I restricted myself from adding here. But soon I will be doing this. Will keep updating this post with my new trials in the air fryer. You too help me in this. Share what all you cook in your air fryer. It will be a nice exchange of ideas. Isn’t it?