Roasted n Salted cashews are a rich, healthy and yummilicious snack in itself.
These kidney-shaped, white coloured nuts are rich in minerals and are heart-friendly.
The biggest risk of eating them is that you find difficult stopping eating them and before you can count whosh!!! A whole bowl would have vanished. Apart from eating them in various ways, one also needs to learn to manage quantity.
Apart from forming part of cookies, or breakfast cereals or chocolates, in India, they go into the preparation of sweets being used as a main ingredient or for garnishing or used as a snack.
However, Cashew nuts when roasted tastes awesome and are wonderful for munching or for serving to guests.
Roasting can be done in Otg or in a pan with salt in it, but both these methods are time-consuming.
Here I am sharing with you how to roast cashews in a microwave, that too without oil, without any excess salt and in just 4 minutes.
In winters, when I serve freshly roasted warm cashews to my guests, they just love it and find it difficult to believe that these are roasted in the microwave.
We all love these Oil-free Roasted n Salted Cashews and whenever I get an appreciation for this simple yet exotic snack, I smile and remember my aunt, Mrs Manju Maheshwari, from whom I learnt this method.
Also, as they get ready instantly, many times I roast these for my sudden guests also. By the time I prepare coffee and arrange cookies etc, a warm, healthy and rich snack gets ready.
About 250 g cashews get roasted in just 3 to 4 minutes. After this just wait for 5 minutes, till they get slightly cool, as then only they get crisp.
When roasting in the microwave, do not run the microwave for 4 minutes continuously otherwise cashews will burn. Always run it for short time, say 1 minute or 30 seconds, take out to toss and then again start it.
Please do not use plastic bowls in the microwave.
My other related Recipes which you may like are:
Now, let’s understand this method of roasting cashews in detail so that you can make this easily in your kitchen.
But before that just a minute… let’s talk about social media. If you like this recipe then do join me on my Facebook page to know about my latest recipes. Also, you can Pin it for later if not willing to try later on. And last but not the least, if you try it out then share your feedback through comments or on Instagram by using hashtag #samirasrecipediary. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm to post more good content.
Your one comment can make my day so please be generous with your comments.
Detailed Method To Make Salted Cashews With StepBy Step Pics
Take cashews in a shallow microwave-safe dish.
Sprinkle water and then salt so that salt sticks to cashews.
Toss and put in microwave ‘High’ for 1 minute.
Repeat this process of ‘Toss’ and ‘Run for 1 minute’ 3 to 4 times till you get golden brown cashews.
Let them cool down for about 5 minutes so that they get crisp.
Oil Free Roasted Cashews
Heres an easy and guilt-free snack. These cashews are roasted instantly in a microwave and that too without using any oil.
- 250 g Cashewnuts
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- Put cashew nuts in a microwave-safe dish, preferably a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle water on these cashew nuts.
- Sprinkle salt.
- Toss nicely.
- Put in microwave ‘High’ for 1 minute.
- Toss and again put in microwave for 1 more minute.
- Repeat this process of tossing and running in the microwave for 2 more minutes and your golden roasted cashews are ready.
- These are very soft at this stage. Let them cool down for about 5 minutes and crispy roasted cashews are ready to be served.
- Sprinkle water lightly only that too with hands. It may not spread evenly with a spoon.
- If they get too wet, they will get too long to get roasted. Water is sprinkled so that salt sticks to cashews.
- After 3 minutes, when you take the cashews out of the microwave oven for tossing, look at the colour and decide how many more times it needs to go into the microwave. If you find the cashews light brown then put in microwave for 30 more seconds.
- You have to be very careful with time, once almost done, even 10 to 20 seconds also make a difference.
- Do not run the microwave for 3 minutes at a stretch otherwise, the nuts will burn.
- Use only glass/ ceramic bowls. Do not use plastic bowls in the microwave as they are very harmful.
I am sure you will try ths easy recipe and share your happiness with me.
Have a Good Day,