What about Having Pizza in Breakfast?
Yes, I am serious… not joking.
This Healthy… No Cheese Bread Pizza is perfect for having in Breakfast or as an anytime snack.
Perfect, because it has loads of veggies, wheat flour and milk into it. Absolutely no junk.
I have made it on white bread but you can go for multi grain or wheat bread as well.
Veggies get coated with flour, so when milk is added it turns into sauce like consistency.
In a way you can say, the veggies are in white sauce but without preparing the sauce first.
So, agree with me or still have some doubts?
Well, all your doubts will melt away once you go through the recipe.
But, just one second. Let me thank first my sister in law, Vandana Gupta for this awesome recipe.
She shared this recipe with me years back when our children were real kiddoos and we used to look around for healthy and novel recipes for them.
My children simply love this Bread Pizza. And so do I as it is really very simple to make and gets ready in a jiffy.
There is no cheese in it but nowhere you will feel so.
So you too prepare this healthy, easy to make Bread Pizza in your next breakfast.
Here goes the recipe…
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 to 4 minutes
Serves: 2 to 4
6 Bread Slices
1/4 Cup Onions, Chopped
3/4 Cup Mixed Veggies (capsicum, carrot, bell peppers, corns etc)
1 Tablespoon Wheat Flour
3/4 Cup Milk, at room temperature
1 teaspoon Oil
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon Oregano
1 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
1 Tablespoon Pizza Sauce/Tomato Ketchup (Optional)
- Take oil in a pan. Heat it, add onions and saute these for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add mixed veggies.
- Saute on high flame for 3 to 4 minutes, tossing continuously.
- Add flour, sprinkling over all the veggies.
- Mix it nicely. Toss for a minute or so.
- Veggies will be lightly coated with this flour.
- Keep tossing for few more seconds so that flour is cooked little and does not remain raw.
- Now add milk stirring continuously.
- Keep stirring till it gets a sauce like consistency. It will look like veggies in the white sauce.
- Add salt, seasoning and pizza sauce.
- Switch off the flame.
- Spread this mix on bread slices and bake at 180 degrees for 3 to 4 minutes or till bread slices get golden brown.
- Serve with love.
- I have taken 1 cup veggies in all. For that, I used 1 tablespoon flour. This is sufficient for 6 bread slices.
- Use seasonal veggies and as per your preference.
- The quantity of milk may vary from 1/2 cup to 1 cup. In case, the sauce gets too thick then add little more milk and it will be fine.
Detailed Recipe with pics
Toss for a minute or so
Add milk, stirring continuously
Add salt, seasonings and pizza sauce…
Spread it on bread slices
Bake at 180 for 3 to 4 minutes…
Serve with love…
If you try this recipe or have tried any of my other recipes, then please leave a comment, with your experience and suggestions, if any.
Also, join me on my Facebook page for recipes as well other interesting tips n tricks.
Let’s move together…