Banana Walnut Chocolate Muffins…
Banana Muffins with walnuts and chocolate … Wow !!!! What a wonderful combination.
And when made with whole wheat flour then it becomes the perfect choice for breakfast. In fact, it can be had at any time of the day. Also can be easily packed in your little one’s lunch box too and they will take it with pride.
The recipe is extremely simple and hassles free. All the ingredients are always there in your kitchen, so no special shopping. You can make them in just 10 minutes and then another 15-17 minutes in the oven. By the time your oven gets preheated, your batter is ready.
Banana muffins are made best with overripe bananas. Bananas, which have lost their colour, gone extremely soft, which normally no one likes to eat, are ideal for making banana bread or cake or muffins. Well, this does not mean by any chance that you cannot use fresh bananas. Use as per availability.
Whenever I have overripe bananas, which no one is willing to eat, I make these muffins and they are finished in no time. But I do not use walnuts as my son Siddharth like these plain, without nuts.
Banana muffins can be made either in oil or in butter. I use either Nutralite butter or any oil which is there in my kitchen at that time, be it groundnut or olive or any other.
Earlier I used to make these without curd, but recently I thought of giving it a try with curd, and the results were awesome, Muffins came out to be super spongy.
Now, these muffins have bananas, walnut, wheat flour and the flavour of chocolate. What else can be more healthy than this?
Also, easy to make, quick to make with very few ingredients that too readily available all the time in your kitchen.
Absolutely no reason to say no to these healthy banana walnut chocolate muffins.
Of course, you can always omit cocoa powder and go for Banana Walnut Muffins.
You can make a cake too with this recipe. Instead of muffin moulds, pour the cake batter in a cake tin, preferably 6″ and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
My other muffins/cakes which you may like are:
Recipe Of Banana Muffins
Banana Walnut Chocolate Muffins
Banana Muffins, with walnuts, chocolate and whole wheat flour are perfect for breakfast or for munching or for your little one's lunch box. It is a very easy recipe and a good way to feed bananas to your kids.
- 1 Cup (120gms) Whole wheat flour (Atta)
- 2 Tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (See Note 3)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Oil or melted butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Cup Milk, lukewarm
- 1 Tablespoon Curd
- 2 Bananas pureed
- 1/4 Cup plus 1 tsp Walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. While the oven is getting prepared you also do the following preparations.
- Line muffins liners in the muffins pan.
- Reserve 1 tsp flour and sift the remaining flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Put the sifted ingredients in a big bowl.
- Add sugar and mix.
- Make a well in the centre, by taking everything towards the wall of the bowl.
- In the well, put wet ingredients in the given order- oil, vanilla extract, banana puree, milk, curd.
- Mix everything very lightly.
- Mix chopped walnuts (1/4 cup) with 1 tsp flour (reserved in step no. 3) (See Note 6)
- Add these flour mixed chopped walnuts and mix.
- Adjust consistency with milk, if required. Though keep it slightly on the thicker side.
- Fill muffins liners up to three fourth.
- Sprinkle some walnuts and choco chips (optional).
- Bake for 15-16 minutes.
- Check for doneness of the muffins by inserting a wooden skewer.
- If baked properly then take out. If not, then bake for 2 or 3 minutes more.
- After taking out, keep the muffins on a wire rack. This is necessary so that they do not get soggy at the bottom.
- Remains good at room temperature for up to 2 days. For longer duration keep them in the refrigerator after keeping in an airtight container.
- Serve with a smile. A cup of coffee of would also go with it but optional.
- Please use standard measuring cups only. Don't use cups available in your kitchen for tea, coffee etc as they are of varied sizes. 1 Cup = 250 ml
- The quantity of walnuts and chocolate chips can vary depending upon your taste.
- Use normal sugar, castor or powdered not required. Salt is added to enhance the flavour of sugar.
- Can make this with 1 banana also, but then again its a matter of choice.
- Mixing walnuts with flour ensure that the nuts are evenly distributed and don't settle at the bottom of the muffins only.
- A thick batter will give rocky texture muffins. If you like a smooth top, then go for the batter with a dropping consistency.
- Do not over mix the batter. Mix it lightly.
- Can make these with all-purpose flour also or even half of each flour.
- If using silicon baking tray then first keep it in the baking tray and then fill the moulds. This is because, the tray is very soft and cannot be lifted once the moulds are full.
Banana Muffins: Omit cocoa powder if wish to have pure banana flavour. In that case, add 2 tbsp wheat flour more and rest of the ingredients will remain the same.
Banana Cake: Instead of muffin moulds, pour the batter in 6″ baking pan and bake it for 30 to 35 minutes.
Make In Pressure Cooker
After making the flower pattern, keep the baking pan in preheated pressure cooker. For complete details regarding this, you may check my post Basic Eggless Cake in Pressure Cooker.
Step by Step Instructions
￼(I may earn a small commission for referring the products, which will be used for the maintenance of this site, but rest assured, it won’t add to your cost)
I am sure you will surely try this easy and healthy recipe. I would love to have your comments and feedback as you know your feedback fuels my enthusiasm to post more good content. If you post your creation’s pic on Instagram then remember to tag me #samirasrecipediary. You may like my FB page to know about my latest recipes.Let’s connect…Facebook