Here comes kid’s favourite Quesadillas or as simply call it Tummy Tickler…. something to tickle their tummies.
Quesadillas are Mexican and call it Tummy Tickler it gets an Indian name.
How about having our staple diet ‘chapatis’ with a twist.
Yes, normal wheat flour chapatis but with a yummy ticking filling. I am not talking of normal stuffed Parathas or Lachcha Paratha or Malabar Paratha.
These chapatis are stuffed with cheese and with pizza toppings.
Normally, children do not like to eat chapatis and mothers have a tough time in feeding their child. Either they pamper them or cajole or bribe or something else. They do all sort of things just to feed a chapati or two to their kids.
With these Tummy ticklers, children will demand to have these.
So, good for both mumma and kids.
They are so yummy that forget kids, even others would love to have it.
My children, though grown up now, often demand to have these.
You can have these in breakfast or lunch or dinner.
You can even pack these in your children’s lunch box. I assure you , you will get an empty lunch box when they return from school.
The best part is that you can make the chapatis in advance and do the filling when required.
Make these only with cheese or add veggies too.
Pamper your children with these Quesadillas and win their hearts.
Or when not in a mood to cook veggies, try these.
Process is very simple. Make normal chapatis. Do not put any clarified butter (ghee) on them. Sandwich the filling between two chapatis and cook on griddle till crisp. Cut and serve.
You can make these on leftover chapatis also.
2 or 3 tsp Butter/Oil
Filling for Cheesy Quesadillas/Tummy Tickler
1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1/2 tsp Mustard Sauce (Optional)
1 tbsp Pizza Cheese, grated
Filling for Pizza Quesadillas/Tummy Tickler
1 tbsp Pizza Sauce
1 tbsp Veggies, chopped very finely (onion, capsicum, Bell peppers)
1 tbsp Pizza cheese, grated
1/4 tsp Oregano
Pinch of Chilli flakes
- Take 2 chapatis. Apply tomato ketchup/pizza sauce on the inner side (That is the side where you apply clarified butter otherwise) of both the chapatis.
- For Cheesy tummy tickler, apply little bit of mustard sauce above the tomato ketchup on both chapatis. Put grated cheese on any one chapati. Cover with the other chapati.
- For Pizza tummy tickler, spread finely chopped veggies on any one chapati. Sprinkle grated cheese over it. Sprinkle oregano and chilli flakes. Cover with the other chapati.
- Prick holes in the sandwiched chapatis so that they do not puff up while cooking on griddle.
- Put these sandwiched chapatis on heated griddle. Apply butter and cook from both the sides till crisp.
- Cut into triangular pieces and serve.
- Children will freak out….
Try these… you will love it…
Related Recipes RotiNoodles
If you like this recipe, join me on my Facebook page.