2 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake in Microwave…
Chocolate Cake in 2 minutes???
Really ???? Yes…
1-minute preparation and 1-minute Baking…
This cake is ideal for your sweet cravings or for breakfast or when you just want to have a single serving or when you want a little bit of cake for your Ice Cream Sundaes. The other advantage is that daily you can bake a fresh mug cake and that too in varied flavours.
My son, Shivang often prefers to have this mug cake for his breakfast as he finds it handy. And I also don’t mind since I make this with wheat flour. Yes, the taste remains the same as with all-purpose flour.
When baking cakes with wheat flour, everything remains the same except the quantities of sugar and liquid. Liquid because wheat flour absorbs more liquid. Similarly, I have seen that more sugar goes with wheat flour.
Even children can make this mug cake without making any mess.
This is because, all the ingredients are mixed in the cup itself and the same mug goes into the microwave, and then you eat from the same mug. So, all it needs is just 1 mug and 1 spoon for mixing. So simple it is.
You may also like to try Microwave Chocolate Cake; Teatime Fruit Cake; Vegan Chocolate Muffins in Pressure Cooker; Strawberry Muffins; Banana Walnut Muffins; All these are wheat based and are eggless too.
Mug cake is simple to make but just take care of certain things.
First of all, choose a Mug of slightly bigger size. The batter should be up til just half the Mug. This is because, we make this cake in the microwave and as you all know, in microwave batters rise too high and then settle down. So to avoid spilling, choose a cup of bigger size. In simple words, when you mix up everything, it should look as if the mug is half filled only.
Secondly, it is better to use powdered sugar. In case, you take granulated sugar then beat the batter till sugar dissolves. Otherwise, you might feel sugar while eating.
Mix the batter nicely, scrapping it from the bottom fully. Normally, in a mug, some flour remains at the bottom on the sides. It is better to use a butter knife or a fork to mix the batter.
In my microwave, it takes 1 minute for 1 mug cake. When I bake 2 mug cakes simultaneously, it takes one and a half minute. So as you increase the quantity, time also increases. However, since each microwave is different, might take slightly more in your microwave. So check after 1 minute by inserting a toothpick. If not done then run the microwave for 10 or 20 seconds more. But increase the time in very short intervals only.
Lastly, at times, mug cakes in the microwave turns out rubbery and chewy. This is because the top gets dried very quickly and thus rubbery. To solve this problem, sprinkle few drops of water on the top just before putting the mug in the microwave. After 1 minute, the water will evaporate and you will have a soft and spongy mug cake.
And now eat it either directly from the mug or transfer it to another bowl. To unmould it run a butter knife around the edges of the baked cake and then invert it. It comes out very easily.
So now let’s make this…
4 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour (For wheat flour, see below)
1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
3 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Oil
4 Tbsp Milk, at room temperature
1/2 tsp Water
- Take a microwave safe mug.
- Put all the ingredients (except water) in the mug in the given order- all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, powdered sugar, oil and milk.
- Mix the batter nicely, preferably with a butter knife or a fork as it goes easily into the bottom edges of the mug also.
- Once everything gets mixed, sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon water on the top. Do not mix after adding the water.
- Keep the mug in the microwave for 1 minute, at 100% power. Do not use convection mode.
- Check for doneness of the cake by inserting a toothpick.
- If done then take out or keep it for 10 or 20 seconds more.
- Serve as it is or take out in a bowl. To invert it, run a butter knife around the baked cake.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce, put sprinklers.
- Serve with love
- Be careful with the time. If left more in the microwave, even for 30 seconds more, may turn into rock hard. So keep checking 1 minute onwards.
- As you increase the number of mugs in the microwave, increase time marginally.
- Use wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour. In that case, use 4 tablespoons powdered sugar and 5 tablespoons milk. Rest everything remains same.
- Omit cocoa powder and make it vanilla cake. In that case, add 1/4 tsp of vanilla essence also.
How do you find this recipe? Cool! Isn’t it?
When you try this recipe, do not forget to share your feedback either here in comments or on my FB page or on Instagram. As you know your feedback fuels my enthusiasm to post more good recipes. You may join me on my Facebook page for more tips n tricks. Pin this post for your future reference.