Yogurt is the best thing to consume in summers. And Shrikhand, yogurt based dessert is a delicacy of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
Mango Shrikhand is basically Shrikhand to which Mango puree has been added.
Mango Shrikhand is a dessert which is Beautiful to look at, Simple to make, Divine in taste, Good for stomach and Economical at the same time. Yes, it has all these attributes.
Have it in the breakfast or lunch or dinner time…. any time of the day.
Mango shrikhand is one of the easiest dessert to prepare, that too in no time at all.
Just set curd, drain all the water from it, add sugar and mango puree and your delectable Mango Yogurt is ready.
And if you have hung curd or Greek yogurt ready then it takes hardly 4 to 5 minutes to make it.
Yes, making hung curd is time consuming. But I normally put the curd in the strainer in the night and the strainer into the refrigerator. If left outside, then the curd turns sour. And in the morning, my hung curd is ready, without any water.
Also, make sure to smoothen your hung curd. For this, I blend it in the blender along with mango puree and sugar. And wow… what a velvety texture.
I love adding chopped mango pieces in it before serving. Believe me, it tastes ultimate.
You can make it in different flavours.
Just add puree of your favourite fruit to it and its ready.
One thing more, Shrikhand and Mishti Doi are totally different. Though both are yogurt based, but their preparation as well tastes are different.
In Mishti Doi, water is not drained. Mishti Doi is therefore preferably set in earthen pots, so that excess water is absorbed and eliminated from it. For making Mishti Doi, sweetened milk is reduced to half by simmering method and is then set using curd as starter.
For now, let us see how to make Shrikhand or Mango Yogurt….
- 1/2 Cup Hung Curd
- 1 Cup + 1 Tbsp Mango (Peeled and Chopped Roughly)
- 1/4 Cup (or as per taste) Sugar
- 1 tsp Kewra Water (Optional)
- 1/4 tsp Green Cardamom Powder (For Shrikhand)
- Put chopped mangoes (1 cup) and sugar in the blender and puree it fine.
- To this, add hung curd and blend again into a smooth paste.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- Add kewra water.
- Serve as it is or by adding chopped mango pieces (1 Tbsp)
Add green cardamom powder and enjoy it as Shrikhand (Gujarati Dessert)
Use it for making healthy & yummy breakfast called Brain Booster/Yogurt Museli.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar, depending on the sweetness of mangoes, your taste and requirement.
- Take care that mangoes are not sour.
- Bright yellow mangoes gives very appealing colour to the yogurt.
- Adjust the quantity of mangoes as per your taste.
Use any other fruit in place of mangoes like strawberry, kiwi, blueberry, banana etc.
Use pulpy fruits only and avoid watery fruits like melons etc.
Would love to hear your comments and feedback.
You can leave your comments here in the comments section below.
If you like this recipe, please follow me on my facebook page, link as under…