Vegan Wheat Flour Chocolate Muffins
With Choco chips…
Looking for Chocolate muffins? Here you are at the correct place. Make it in the oven or on the gas stove. Both the methods are discussed in detail. These Vegan Wheat Flour Chocolate Muffins are made with very less number of ingredients which are easily available in your kitchen all the time. Also as these are vegan so they are perfect for people who are lactose intolerant.
Today, muffins need no introduction. All children are super crazy for them. But many years back (around 15 years) when my husband got muffin liners from abroad, I had no idea what they were…. how to use them… no clue at all. They kept lying in my store room, feeling neglected.. also Google was not there at that time for my rescue.
In Pressure Cooker
In Microwave Convection
Earlier I used to make these with all-purpose flour but recently have switched over to Whole wheat flour.
Definitely, a very healthy version. No change in taste and the recipe, except the amount of liquid, as wheat flour takes more liquid.
These eggless chocolate muffins are extremely easy to make with very less and easily available ingredients. They get ready in exactly half an hour, starting from making the batter to serving on the dining table.
As these vegan wheat flour chocolate muffins are made from wheat flour these are healthy too. Nowhere will you feel the taste of wheat flour.
These vegan chocolate muffins are good for those who are lactose intolerant or don’t like milk and milk products.
These chocolate muffins are perfect to have for breakfast or to pack in your little one’s lunch box.
A wonderful start for those who want to enter the marvellous world of baking. For newbies, it is better to try their hands on muffins first and then move to cakes.
Both took the same time and looked almost alike, texture as well smoothness was also the same.
Baking time: 18-19 minutes
Yields: 12-14 muffins, medium size
4 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/4 Tsp Coffee Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Salt
3/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Sugar ( see Note 2 )
1/4 Cup Oil ( see Note 3 )
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup to 1 Cup Water, at room temperature (see Note 4 )
1/2 Tbsp Distilled White Vinegar ( see Note 5 )
2. Make a well in the centre by putting all the dry mix towards the wall of the bowl.
3. In the well, put wet ingredients—- oil, vanilla extract, water and vinegar.
4. Start mixing everything, very lightly.
5. It should be of flowing consistency. Add little more water, if required. Do not make it very thin.
6. Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes. (see Note 9).
In OTG / Microwave Convection
5. Bake for 18-19 minutes.
7. Take out of the tray and let it cool on wire rack. ( see Note 12)
8. Decorate these with chocolate sauce or gems or silver balls etc.
In Pressure Cooker/Wok (kadhai) on Cooking Gas
- Please use standard measuring cups and spoons available for baking purposes. Don’t use cups in your kitchen as they are of varied sizes.
1 Tbsp = 15 gms 1 Tsp = 5 gms.
- Take normal sugar available in your kitchen. No need to powder it.
- Any cooking oil can be used, be it olive or refined or any other. Please avoid oils with strong pungent smells.
- The quantity of water may vary slightly depending on the absorption capacity of flour. Therefore, start by adding 3/4th cup water and increase gradually.
- You can also use apple cider vinegar.
- In the absence of muffin liners, you can also bake these in glass bowls/aluminium moulds. Lightly grease the bowls, fill the batter and bake.
- You can also use paper cups available for tea/coffee. No need to grease muffins liners. Simply pour the batter and bake.
- Salt is added to enhance the flavour of sugar, so go ahead without any doubt.
- Start preheating oven/cooker after filling the muffins liners. This resting time helps in giving a smooth texture.
- Please check the number of muffins moulds that can fit in your cooker/wok and work accordingly.
- Ensure that these are properly baked, otherwise, the top will become sticky after cooling.
- Always let them cool on wire rack otherwise the bottom gets soggy which in turn will make the top sticky.
Would love to hear your comments and feedback. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm to post more good content.
If you like this recipe, follow me on my Facebook page.