Papdi Pizza : Pizza on dough wafers / canapes
Papdi pizza is a wonderful starter for parties and a very good evening snack too.
This finger food is relished by all age groups.
It gets ready very quickly provided you have Papdi with you.
It is a mini or can say Indian version of Italian Pizza.
Its an Indo- western fusion dish. Pizza made on papdi.
We all love pizza. But making pizza requires time and besides, it is the main course item. Papdi pizza lets you have pizza as a snacky thing.
Can also use canapes in place of papdi.
I made it for the first time long back.
I think I read this recipe in some magazine and gave it a try.
It was a big hit. I also liked it, also because it’s easy to make.
Since then, I have made it a number of times and every time my guests have enjoyed it.
A few years back, my friend Reena’s daughters decided to throw a surprise birthday party for her.
Still learning to cook at that time, they arranged eatables from outside besides Frankies and Papdi pizza. So, even novice can make it.
Also good for people who don’t like to do the cooking but still want something yummy.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 2 to 3 minutes
12 pieces Papdi ( dough wafers)
2 to 3 Tbsp Pizza Sauce
1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Veggies
1 Tbsp Corn Kernels, boiled
3 to 4 Tbsp Pizza cheese, grated
1/4 tsp ( or as per taste ) Salt
1/2 tsp + 1 tsp Seasoning ( chilli flakes, oregano )
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Chop veggies- onion, capsicum, bell peppers, jalapeños, etc.
- Add boiled corn kernels to the chopped veggies.
- Mix salt and seasoning ( 1/2 tsp) in the chopped veggies.
- Spread pizza sauce on each papdi. Can use tomato ketchup also.
- Place some veggies on sauce on the papdi.
- Put grated cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes or till cheese melts.
- Garnish with seasoning ( 1 tsp )
- Serve with love, mocktails optional.
Ready to go into Oven
Out of oven
- You can use veggies as per your choice, like in a pizza.
- Papdi is already cooked. Only cheese needs to get melt. It gets ready very quickly, so keep an eye on the OTG, gets ready in just 2 to 3 minutes.
- Chop veggies very finely, as they need to be kept on papdi, which is small in size.
- Veggies for this purpose are the best cut in the food processor. But of course, you can cut with a knife or in some chopper too.
- You can use store bought papdi or can make these at home.
In a Jiffy
Instead of the pizza base, use papdi and proceed as you make pizza.
1.Chop veggies, add salt, seasoning and pizza sauce and keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
2.Grate cheese, add a little salt to it, so that it does not stick, and keep in the refrigerator.
3.At the time of serving, put veggies mix on papdi, top with cheese and bake.
Waiting to hear from you and see your pics of Papdi Pizza…
You can leave your comments here in the comments section below.
If you like this recipe, please follow me on my FB page for more tips and tricks.