- 1 Mug Cake At My Place
- 1.1 Why Make A Mug Cake?
- 1.2 Baking With Wheat Flour
- 1.3 An Easy Mug Cake Recipe
- 1.4 Does Your Mug Cake Become Chewy or Rubbery?
- 1.5 Tips For Making Perfect Mug Cake
- 1.6 Brownie Points Of My Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1.7 So now let’s see the recipe of Chocolate Mug Cake In Microwave
2-minute Chocolate mug cake is the simplest cake to make. And the best part is that this mug cake is a healthy cake made with whole wheat flour and jaggery powder. So, it’s guilt-free too.
Maggie may take more than 2 minutes (actually it does) but not this cake! This chocolate mug cake is made in an exact 2 minutes. 1-minute preparation and 1-minute Baking and is thus perfect to have in breakfast or any time of the day to curb hunger pangs or say sweet cravings.
Along with the recipe also sharing certain tips to make perfect mug cake & a special tip to avoid rubbery and chewy mug cakes.
You may also like to try
- Microwave Chocolate Cake;
- 3 Minute Besan Dhokla In Microwave
- Teatime Fruit Cake;
- Vegan Chocolate Muffins in Pressure Cooker;
- Strawberry Muffins;
- Banana Walnut Muffins;
Mug Cake At My Place
Having 2 adult sons and both fond of cakes, this chocolate mug cake recipe is like a boon for me. Both of them love having this cake. My son, Shivang often prefers to have this mug cake for his breakfast as he finds it handy. And I also don’t mind since I make this with wheat flour. Yes, the taste remains the same as with all-purpose flour. Also, putting up this cake batter is so easy that even I don’t mind.
Why Make A Mug Cake?
This cake is ideal for your sweet cravings or for breakfast or when you just want to have a single serving or when you want a little bit of cake for your Ice Cream Sundaes. The other advantage is that daily you can bake a fresh mug cake and that too in varied flavours.
Baking With Wheat Flour
When baking cakes with wheat flour, everything remains the same except for the quantities of sugar and liquid. This is because wheat flour absorbs more liquid. Similarly, I have seen that more sugar goes with wheat flour.
An Easy Mug Cake Recipe
Even children can make this mug cake without making any mess.
This is because, all the ingredients are mixed in the cup itself and the same mug goes into the microwave, and then you eat from the same mug. So, all it needs is just 1 mug and 1 spoon for mixing. So simple it is.
Does Your Mug Cake Become Chewy or Rubbery?
Since mug cakes are made in microwave oven in just 1 minute so many times people avoid making these as the mug cakes turn rubbery due to heat of the microwave. To avoid this problem, there is a simple solution. Just sprinkle a few drops of water before putting the mug in the microwave. Do not mix these drops. Just sprinkle and keep it in the microwave. This water will evaporate in 1 minute but will prevent your mug cakes from getting rubbery.
Tips For Making Perfect Mug Cake
Mug cake is simple to make but just take care of certain things.
- First of all, choose a Mug of a slightly bigger size. The batter should be up til just half the Mug. This is because, we make this cake in the microwave and as you all know, in microwave batters rise too high and then settle down. So to avoid spilling, choose a cup of a bigger size. In simple words, when you mix up everything, it should look as if the mug is half-filled only.
- Secondly, it is better to use powdered sugar. In case, you take granulated sugar then beat the batter till sugar dissolves. Otherwise, you might feel sugar while eating.
- Mix the batter nicely, scrapping it from the bottom fully. Normally, in a mug, some flour remains at the bottom on the sides. It is better to use a butter knife or a fork to mix the batter.
- In my microwave, it takes 1 minute for 1 mug cake. When I bake 2 mug cakes simultaneously, it takes one and a half minutes. So as you increase the quantity, time also increases. However, since each microwave is different, might take slightly more in your microwave. So check after 1 minute by inserting a toothpick. If not done then run the microwave for 10 or 20 seconds more. But increase the time in very short intervals only.
- Lastly, at times, mug cake in the microwave turn out rubbery and chewy. This is because the top gets dried very quickly and thus rubbery. To solve this problem, sprinkle few drops of water on the top just before putting the mug in the microwave. After 1 minute, the water will evaporate and you will have a soft and spongy mug cake.
- And now eat it either directly from the mug or transfer it to another bowl. To unmould it run a butter knife around the edges of the baked cake and then invert it. It comes out very easily.
Brownie Points Of My Chocolate Mug Cake
Ready In exact 2 minutes including preparation.
Healthy mug cake as made with wheat flour and jaggery powder.
Easy and quick to make.
No baking soda added.
Soft and spongy rather than rubbery and chewy.
Perfect for breakfast or to curb sweet cravings.
An excellent substitute for muffins.
A mess-free recipe. Just 2 utensils required, 1 mug and 1 fork.
Requires neither sifting the flour nor preheating the oven.
So now let’s see the recipe of Chocolate Mug Cake In Microwave
- 4 Tbsp Wheat Flour (Atta)
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Tbsp Jaggery Powder
- 1 tsp Oil
- 5 Tbsp Milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Water
- Take a microwave-safe mug.
- Put all the ingredients (except water) in the mug in the given order-milk, oil, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and jaggery powder.
- Mix the batter nicely, preferably with a butter knife or a fork as it goes easily into the bottom edges of the mug also.
- Once everything gets mixed, sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon water on the top. Do not mix after adding the water.
- Keep the mug in the microwave for 1 minute, at 100% power. Do not use the convection mode.
- Check for doneness of the cake by inserting a toothpick.
- If done then take out or keep it for 10 or 20 seconds more.
- Serve as it is or take out in a bowl. To invert it, run a butter knife around the baked cake.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce, put sprinkles.
- Serve with love.
- Be careful with the time. If left more in the microwave, even for 30 seconds more, it may turn rock hard. So keep checking 1 minute onwards.
- As you increase the number of mugs in the microwave, increase time marginally.
- You can use brown sugar or refined sugar in place of jaggery. If you use that then first powder it otherwise the sugar will not dissolve in 1 minute and it will affect the taste of the mug cake.
- You can make this with all-purpose flour too. In that case, reduce jaggery powder to 3 tablespoons and take milk also 4 tbsp only.
- No baking soda is needed in this mug cake hence not added.
- Preheating is not required. Just open the door of the microwave oven, put the mug with the batter and start it for 1 minute. That’s it!
- Energy Mug Cake
Make this cake even more healthier by using any energy powder instead of cocoa powder. Like, I used, Bournvita. Everything remains the same, just the quantity of jaggery powder gets reduced to 3 tbsp as Bournvita is sweet.
- Vanilla Mug Cake
Omit cocoa powder and make it vanilla cake. In that case, add 1/4 tsp of vanilla essence also and reduce the quantity of milk by 1 tablespoon. But vanilla mug cake will remain white only from the top and will not get brown. Though it will be perfectly baked but will look as if not baked. So, be prepared for this. To avoid this feeling you may put choco chips or chopped nuts or sugar sprinkles etc on top before putting the cake in the microwave.
I hope you have liked this recipe for making Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake and will surely try it out for your loved ones.
Thank you for reading this post. If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram(#samirasrecipediary) too. for latest recipe updates. Thank you!
Stay Fit… Stay Happy